streno

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
i have the Recon3d and i thought i was set up right but i dont know now. the main problem i have is my friends hear my game sounds through skype. i read that has to do with the "what you hear" but if i turn that down or off i cant hear anything. im using a turtle beach dpx21 it has the earforce dss. its hooked into the sound card with an optical cable. the other problem i have is with crystal voice. can i use that with my headset mic because it only seems to work with the mic that came with the sound card. also in my sound options on win7 (64bit) what should be the default audio and recording device? im real confused on this any help would be awesome.

fastwing76

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
ok I own a recon3d as well, first thing you need to do is to update the sound card driver from windows device manager, after update restart and check if your problem is solve, if you want to use your headset mic you have to disconnect the mic that came with the sound card and connect your headset mic plug (pink stripped plug ) to the mic input in the rear of your sound card, then test if it`s working.

streno

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
i did that but nothing worked. now i have no sound. my head set has usb and a green analog jack. i also have ear force dss. i have optical plugged into the ear force and then into the sound card. the ear force has a usb pass through so i have the headset plugged into the ear force and then into the mobo and the green analog is plugged into the earforce. now i just tried not using the ear force at all and that didnt work.