peterindigital

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
i'm really confused http://ark.intel.com/compare/63696,64594
do they perform the same or wich is better in term of speed ?and multitasking? if the programs support that (we assume the application support more cores)

Xeon has 7.2GT/s I7 3960x has 5GT/s
15 mb cash 15 mb cash
2 Ghz>2.5GHz 3.3GHz>3.9 GHz
i'm trying to build my own pc for years to come ,selecting Xeon means i can upgrade with second cpu and more ram and more GPUs on dual socket board, selecting the I7 means more ram and more GPUs but no more extra CPUs. what i do need the pc for?
Editing video& converting them (as advanced home user,but in the near future i'll be video editor), internet , playing games running it as server for my personal need (ftp,sip phone calls) .i'm depending completely on my pc for every day use as advanced user please i need advice witch one can serve me better for years to come . but if Xeon don't meet the same level of I7 i'm going to change the whole plan . thank you

peterindigital

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
thanks, but i'm talking about Xeon E5 2620 it has 7.2GT/s the price :500$max. the question is: do I7 3960x and Xeon E5 2620 perform the at the same level and if not what is the 7.2GT/s stands for .is't some kind of extra number without meaning .thanks