Sign in with
Your question

Lga 775 motherboards

Last response: in Motherboards
February 15, 2013 7:34:25 PM

Hello,
Where can I get a lga 775 motherboards without watered down features I want to be able to replace a IPIBL-LB Bencia Motherboard without a locked bios. Can anybody help me? I have a q9650 processor which is still good even by todays standards and out performs most I3s, I5, and a couple of I7s and I don't have enough money to buy a new setup without spending close to $2000 to get the same performance. What I mean is I have a Race Car and do not want to settle for a Sports Car. even though that Sports Car is new.

More about : lga 775 motherboards

a b V Motherboard
February 15, 2013 7:41:52 PM

Rastafa said:
Hello,
Where can I get a lga 755 motherboards without watered down features I want to be able to replace a IPIBL-LB Bencia Motherboard without a locked bios. Can anybody help me? I have a q9650 processor which is still good even by todays standards and out performs most I3s, I5, and a couple of I7s and I don't have enough money to buy a new setup without spending close to $2000 to get the same performance. What I mean is I have a Race Car and do not want to settle for a Sports Car. even though that Sports Car is new.

presumably you mean lga 775!! :) 

best bet is second hand on ebay. you won't get one new from a bricks and mortar store, as they will mostly have new systems. the q9650 was a good chip in it's day and still holds it's own. Hard to say goodbye to the tech we loved (i'm a q6600 owner and proud of it! :)  )
best of luck finding something to keep it living. :) 
m
l
February 15, 2013 7:54:51 PM

It s just that the Q9650 chips has Impressive benchmarks but is kept under wraps due to the marketing of the new chipsets. and fom the mother boards that are being sold they have next to nothing on them to even support the add ons. like only 2 sata ports 1 for optical and 1 HDD. when in the norm it would support 6. Can someone give me a couple of models or brands that I should be looking for.
m
l
Related resources
February 15, 2013 9:01:26 PM

Yea but they are wateredowned. It only 2, Sandy and Ivy going on 3 when Haswell comes out. I was looking for something that has features like this:

IPIBL-LB Bencia Motherboard features

but I need a unlocked version of it
Is there another board that has the socket and featues of this motherboard. I sure there was some about 2 years back by Asus but I don't know what models. Thats what I need help with. I'm sure some of you even still have them.
m
l
March 23, 2013 12:02:12 AM

The problem with the LGA775 is that it's old technology. They don't make it anymore (the last of the 775 processors were released towards the end of 2009, when the dual-core i7 and i5's appeared in LGA1155 and 1366), and they don't make the same chipset technology anymore either, you're talking ICH7 and 9, with "g" series chipsets. There was (to my knowledge) no SATA 6 gb/s on the LGA775 configuration, and bus speeds only to 1333 MHz.

Your best bet is eBay or possibly Amazon to find a good second-hand LGA775 board. You are going to be limited to the ceiling for the older Core architecture for RAM and storage controller speeds though, so don't expect to get SATA III or RAM capacities over 8 GB. Asus made some of the better ones along with Gigabyte and MSi. Yes, the Q9650 is a great chip and still can run with the modern crowd, but again, it can only be pushed so far with the technology it depends on.
m
l
!