4 answers Last reply
More about make windows bootup faster

    Follow this:
    #12 can be of particular help.
    Note: be sure not to disable anything important.
    Many shorten the boot time and generally speed the computer by
    disabling essential items usually leaving the computer vulnerable.
    Do NOT sacrifice security for boot speed.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "tophellcat" <tophellcat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my friend told me that he tweeked his computer so that it doesn't
    > take as
    > long to bootup windows when at the boot screen when you fisrt start
    > the
    > computer. if someone can tell me how to make it boot faster, i
    > would be so
    > grateful.

    What is your definition of a long time? My system boots to the desktop in
    about 50 seconds. It would take a little less time, but I have some stuff
    that starts at bootup. Unless your machine is taking more than a minute or
    two to boot, I wouldn't mess with it.

    "tophellcat" <tophellcat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my friend told me that he tweeked his computer so that it doesn't take as
    > long to bootup windows when at the boot screen when you fisrt start the
    > computer. if someone can tell me how to make it boot faster, i would be
    so
    > grateful.

    Get a tool called BootVis. Make sure you read the instructions carefully.

    Cheers.

    Si

    --
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me then a frontal lobotomy.
    "tophellcat" <tophellcat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my friend told me that he tweeked his computer so that it doesn't take as
    > long to bootup windows when at the boot screen when you fisrt start the
    > computer. if someone can tell me how to make it boot faster, i would be
    > so
    > grateful.

    now is there anything important i need to know about how to operate this and
    once i am done using it to tweek my startup, can i just delete it off the
    computer or does it need to stay on?

    "Si" wrote:

    > Get a tool called BootVis. Make sure you read the instructions carefully.
    >
    > Cheers.
    >
    > Si
    >

    > --
    > I'd rather have a bottle in front of me then a frontal lobotomy.
    > "tophellcat" <tophellcat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > my friend told me that he tweeked his computer so that it doesn't take as
    > > long to bootup windows when at the boot screen when you fisrt start the
    > > computer. if someone can tell me how to make it boot faster, i would be
    > > so
    > > grateful.

Configuration Computers Boot Windows XP