Crossfire 5870 screen tearing while playing flash video

rokshocka

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone out there could help me out with an issue I've been having. Just recently I crossfired two 5870's. As the title says, I'm experiencing screen tearing, but ONLY while playing videos on sites like youtube. I've updated to the latest ATI drivers and profiles, also the latest version of flash. And there's no tearing when playing games or playing video through things like VLC.

I have no idea what is going on. I've seen around that quite a few people have had some issues when crossfiring two of these cards and they've suggested some fixes and none of them have helped.

Any ideas you guys can throw at me would be amazing.

Thanks!

rokshocka

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Its any flash video, and no games. And yeah, I'm certain it's screen tearing. I'm running the latest CCC and the latest profile.
Something that happens is that if I'm playing the flash video on the primary monitor, the secondary one is tears, and if I play the flash video on the secondary the primary tears.

rokshocka

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Hmmm that's also an option I guess. I don't know a massive amount about screen tearing, is there any damage being done when it happens or is it just a graphical anomaly?