Pentium 4 2.8Ghz versus Celeron (R) 2.66 Ghz

bronzie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
Hi :)

I have a Fujitsu Seimens Scaleo P PC my processor is a Celeron (R) 2.66ghz I would like to know if any one can advise me, of a compatible processor for this motherboard ? I am thinking that an upgrade will help as the CPU is running at 90% - 100 % most of the time and I guess is struggling to process tasks. 80 gb hard drive (45 % free)I have added additional Ram up to 2 gb and increased the virtual memory accordingly, I also added a 160 gb slave drive for storage which is aout 10 mb from being at full capacity. I have no malware and AVG anti virus, but still with from between 15 - 20 mb speeds I am finding it quite slow at browsing - youtube etc :( I would appreciate any advice :) Thank's .............

phyco126

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Unfortunately you have an old, and very slow, computer. I'm hoping that you have some money for a budget to upgrade. Any low end computer today can get you a nice computer that is many steps above what you have now.

Exactly how much money is in your budget?

cmi86

Distinguished
In response to the OP, the P4 will be a faster chip. In response to practicality I would advise just getting a couple bucks together and building something new. Even a cheap $75.00 CPU+Mobo+ RAM combo now a days will be MUCH faster than any P4 system available.

bronzie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012

Hi, Thank's for your reply, You know at the moment I do not really have a budget :( but I guess I will see what I can do and try and upgrade some components when I can :)
Or maybe like you suggest buy a newer PC and transfer my data.
Best wishes......Jamie

bronzie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012

Hey, Thank's for your advice :)
Yep I guess I will need an upgrade, as it's frustrating sometimes ( all the time ) trying to run numerous task's and waiting an eternity for a response!!
I will have a look around for a good combo :)

Best wishes

Jamie

bronzie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012

Hey Big Mack,

Thank's for your recommendations, I appreciate it :)
Yeah I guess it is enevitible in the long run to modify and upgrade the components together, instead of bit by bit !
I will check out your suggestions, and hopefully get something together :)

Thank's again

Besy wishes

Jamie

bronzie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012

Hey Das Stig...........

Nice one and thank's for your reply :)
Yeah I will check out ebay and see if I can hopefully upgrade my components pretty cheaply,
and breathe some life into my Dinosaur :)

Thank's again

Best wishes

Jamie.......