Now i am addcited to working this out!. lmao.

juniiflow

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
So i bought a Craappy PC! http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3253423&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=3253421&swEnvOID=1093&taskId=135&swLang=13

I wanna install a power suply for a better Graphic card. but nonthing is good there is no good power suplys.
such as:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817121084

but people her say they wont work, but i am really willing to try.

Now that we got that out of the way.

How much RAM maximun can i put on this PC? and Can i change the Processor?

By the way is there any power supli that is not conected to the modernboard, and i could use as like alone.

just really wanna work this PC out.

Well first off, what kind of graphics card are you looking to get? And what kind of upgrades are you willing to make? From the looks of this PC (Did some research on the specs) it might be better to upgrade your PC as a whole (I know that's not something you want to hear). Though, there may be some ways to salvage the parts on this PC.

Anyway, on the site I'm looking at http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06a/12454-12454-64287-321860-3328896-3253421.html?dnr=1 it says the max RAM is 8GB of DDR2. As for changing your CPU, I'm not really sure what CPU you have in your particular machine as that site lists all the compatible ones...

Anyway, I'm sure that the PSU's you linked will work fine in that machine as well (since I saw SATA drives listed under HDD, so I'm pretty sure it's a normal ATX power supply it's using. not 100% sure though so :sweat: )

Hopefully someone will add onto what I already wrote, hopefully there was some helpful information here :lol:

juniiflow

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

Graphic card i want to use

ATI RADEON HD 4850

ATI RADEON 4770

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VisionTek-Radeon-HD-5670-2-GB-DDR3-/180857598628?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item2a1bf3f2a4#ht_500wt_1287

so what you are saying is get that new pc? al i want is create my own now lml!, if i do have to buy some other pc and eschange some parts with the new one i bough then be it. i willl do it. i just wanna Create a pc now. :sol:

kind of getting addicted.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-DC5750-AMD-Athlon-64-X2-Dual-Core-2-0GHz-4GB-RAM-160GB-SATA-HD-Tower-/160779580790?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item256f35b576#ht_2307wt_1037

is cheap and found one, i wanna know how can i eschange some parts like ram or something like that to this computer that a ma buy :] thanks in advanced this forum is soo helpfull ***** 5 stars

Basically yes, I'm saying you could probably build a brand spankin' new PC for decent money (around 500 bucks if you follow a guide I saw around here somewhere..forgot who made the guide/list though -facepalm-). Let me know if you're willing to build a new PC for around 500 USD, I'll do some looking around for that guide I saw meanwhile :lol:

juniiflow

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

thank you, but i really think i would prefer to buy a new desktop 8gb ram , Geforce 9600 , quad core ,

for 320 dollars lol!

but a ma see if i could buy some pieces tough thank you a lot

EDIT: remenber that the pc you told me , is a small form factor and i dont think all of that will work on it.

i am osrry to bother but can someone find me a HardDrive for this pc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Elite-m9515y-Phenom-x4-8gb-Geforce-9600gs-BluRay-NO-HDD-desktop-computer-/130656440706?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item1e6bbb1182#ht_676wt_1037

No problem, though yes, that PC you first linked me is a small form factor and it will most likely not hold the components on Muffin's guide (probably want to get a new case :lol: ). And just to be sure, you're going to upgrade your current PC? Just make sure what you buy is compatible with the components inside :) Don't want you to buy the wrong things.

cmi86

Distinguished
That HP being a small form factor machine will have a specifically made PSU to fit in the case allowing room for other components in such a small environment. In the case of your specific machine the research I have done shows the PSU to be more of a rectangle than a conventional square ATX PSU. Therefore I would have to advise that a PSU swap is not an available option.

Ah yes, that's true. I forgot to mention that in an earlier post, I was meaning to say he may have to get a new case :lol:

juniiflow

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GATEWAY-LX6810-INTEL-CORE-2-QUAD-2-33Ghz-8GB-640GB-NVIDIA-GeForce-GT120-TV-TUNER-/230770829600?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item35bb036920#ht_7688wt_1270

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Pavilion-Elite-e9000-Intel-Core-2-Quad-Q8200-8GB-DDR3-RAM-HDMI-WIFI-/300690154507?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item460287a40b#ht_1179wt_1270

are these ok?

i mean i might get them , i am not really a gamer but i do want a good pc to play some games here and there. like operation7, AVA, and so on.. i do not play console games on pc i think is kind of stupid.

I'm leaning more towards the Gateway link...though the Pavillion is nice as well. I'm sure you'll be happy with either purchase. You'll just need to upgrade the PSU and get a decent mid-range GPU (perhaps Gtx550ti? or the new HD 77xx Series cards?)

These are just my thoughts...second opinions are more than welcome, guys haha :lol:

juniiflow

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

i am not going to lies, what is a PSU?

powersuplie?

because one of them has 100w and more..

Yes, PSU means Power Supply. I'm just suggesting that since I know those PC's from HP and Gateway, usually include a power supply that's just enough to power the components inside. I could be wrong since I admit, I didn't really look at the specifications of the power supply on the links you supplied.

juniiflow

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

what does GPU means?

and yes i know that, but these are custom made and i already ask for the watts and are aboput 100 watts and 60 watts thiking about buying the gateway

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Pavilion-Elite-e9000-Intel-Core-2-Quad-Q8200-8GB-DDR3-RAM-HDMI-WIFI-/300690154507?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item460287a40b#ht_1179wt_1270

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GATEWAY-LX6810-INTEL-CORE-2-QUAD-2-33Ghz-8GB-640GB-NVIDIA-GeForce-GT120-TV-TUNER-/230770829600?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item35bb036920#ht_7688wt_1270

wich one should i buy?

juniiflow

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

thank you th eonly reason why iask is because HP is such a good trademasrk and i have hear that gateway is CRAP.

and thank you for telling me i might upgrade it. to a 2gb video card

Ah I see, I've personally have had bad experiences with HP, so I tend to stay away from them.

OK, so first: Since you have a small form factor case, my guess is that the power supply is not the standard size, so anything you buy off Newegg is not going to fit in the case. So you're looking at buying a new case, power supply and video card, which is halfway to a new machine already.

Second: Whatever CPU you have is going to bottleneck the crap out of a modern video card. So your choice is spending $300 and ending up with a machine not much better than it is now, or $500 and a machine that's 10 times better (literally).

With HP's stock motherboard, you're also going to be limited to dual-core AMD processors from 6 years ago, so if you were thinking of just slapping a new CPU in while you were at it, that's not going to work either.

Bottom line, in order to make any significant improvement, you're basically going to be building 90% of a new system anyway, so -- do that.

juniiflow

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

basicly you are saying to me is to buy one of those from ebays? right?

No, he's trying to say you should build your own computer from scratch. Though those will suffice for average use, it would benefit you much more if you spend a bit more money and build your own. Not buy from ebay.

-coughs- which is why I linked ya muffin's guide -coughs- :ange:

juniiflow

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

i understand but, as i am saying i am buying this one and building step by step, and i already have couple of things i dont have to buy if i buy that one from ebay dont you think?

Yes that's true, but those components that are in the HP and Gateway are pretty old, they may not last longer in terms of gaming (unless you can settle for lower settings, then you'll be fine). You can get those computers, like I said, I would probably get the Gateway if I were in your position, but just keep in mind that you're getting something pretty old as of now, and it MAY cost you more money in the future. (might need to upgrade PSU, maybe motherboard, few other components, who knows with OEM's?)

But you do have a point, if you get those from ebay, it would save you some money FOR NOW since you won't have to buy the other necessary components.

**Edit**

Not trying to scare you or anything, so I'm sorry if you got the wrong idea. Just some friendly advice :D

juniiflow

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
I CANNOT BELIEVE that i watch a HD VIDEO without a graphic card.

and on my laptop y lagg a litle

check out the setting

Laptop Amd Athlon, Ati Radeon HD 3200, 3gb

desktop [the one i was going to fix] dual procesor 2.oghz, no graphic card, 1gb ram

so can somebody exlpain me how is it going slower on my laptop? and not on my desktop?

What I'm saying is, if you buy one of the ones from ebay, expect to keep it as-is because there's nothing from your old machine that is going to help either one of them. You could probably get that HP Pavilion, drop in a new PSU for $50 and a new video card for $150, and call it a day - but then you'd probably still be spending $500 when all is said and done, and you could put together a much better machine out of new parts for that much.

If you're OK with buying one of those from ebay and keeping it, then by all means, do it. Quad-core LGA775 machines are two generations ago, but they're by no means obsolete yet. However, you'd still have a machine from 2008 with a dead-end upgrade path, so keep that in mind. Basically, three things to remember about this:

- It does a limited amount of good to try upgrading pre-built machines from Dell, HP, etc., and they intentionally make it difficult;
- It's very rare for parts from a 5-year old machine to do any good in a new machine because they will bottleneck the hell out of a new CPU or GPU.
- If you'll need to replace three or more parts to make an upgrade even work at all, 90% of the time you're better off building a whole new machine anyway.

The video card matters very little for just watching video. It's mainly for gaming that it makes a difference. And in any case, the two machines are not much different in that respect; your laptop is using an integrated graphics processor and apparently so is your desktop.

If your laptop is a single-core Athlon, or really has any dual-core CPU that's slower than the one in your desktop, then it should definitely go slower.