Asrock A3 error code! help pleaseeee

nickazzo123

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
I got all my parts for my New/first build. i put everything together, and when i push the power button everything runs fine. then i see a code on the motherboard saying A3. so i got worried and when i plugged it into my Tv with a HDMI using the video card, it was just a blank black screen and still said A3. i took off the video card and turned it back on and the same code came on. i took a ram stick out and the same thing happened. i made sure all my power connections are in but still no change. I ran it without the Hard drive but it did the same thing. i ALSO push the clear cmos button and same code came up. PLEASE help me out. this is driving me crazy.what should i do?

Specs:
HAF 912
core i5 2500k
Gigabyte 6870
western digital 500gb sata 6 gb/s Hard drive
Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3

nickazzo123

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011

OMGOSH thanks you so much im in the bios but i am a noob and dont know how to install windows 7 on it. the Disk is in the DVD drive so what do i do now? BTW i have a A6 error code now

follow the mb manual
Hold it in one hand and make changes with the other after you have read the relevant page !!!!!

Set the dvd drive to be first boot device .
HDD second

Put the windows disk in the drive and press the reset button . Windows will boot from the dvd. Follow the instructions

Later change the HDD to first boot .this just speeds the boot but is not critical

nickazzo123

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011

WOOOWWW i actually figured it out before you replied. THANKS ALOT THOUGH!:D all i needed to know is how to get into the bios. thanks again.