Simple Gun Questions

1) Does the old Namco Gcon light gun work with newer games such as Time
Crisis 2 and 3?

2) Does the new Namco Gcon 2 light gun work with older games such as Time
Crisis 1 and Point Blank?

Thanks.

"ToChina" <invalid@email.address> wrote in news:qllme.41825$G8.18456
@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

> 1) Does the old Namco Gcon light gun work with newer games such as
Time
> Crisis 2 and 3?
>
> 2) Does the new Namco Gcon 2 light gun work with older games such as
Time
> Crisis 1 and Point Blank?
>
> Thanks.

Yes the G-Con 45 will work with some newer games. As far as I know it
works with all the Namco light-gun games (the 7 titles I own at least).
As for other games that I own it won't work with Virtua Cop: Elite
Edition. It will work with Gunfighter II, Endgame and Starsky & Hutch.

The G-Con 2 does not work with PS1 games. As the G-Con 2 uses a USB
connector which requires the software to drive it. Since the PS1 never
had one the PS1 games won't see it.

You can buy third party light-guns that can do all three modes (GCon45,
GCon2 and the older standard of the PS1 used by Konami amongst others).
But if you are going to buy a third party light-gun see if you can find
reviews on it first or try and have a instore demo, otherwise see what
the return policy of the store is like. As I have had problems with
third party light-guns before one particular model I had to return 3
times and decided to pay the extra and go for the Point Blank 2 and G-Con
45 bundle (it was quite a few years back).

I've never had problems with the Namco guns, I have 2 G-Con 45s and 2 G-
Con 2s.

Please note that this is based on Australian releases which looking at
your header you're from the UK so they should be the same.

Cordova

> I've never had problems with the Namco guns, I have 2 G-Con 45s and 2 G-
> Con 2s.
>
> Please note that this is based on Australian releases which looking at
> your header you're from the UK so they should be the same.
>
> Cordova

Thanks for the the info, I think I'll treat myself to 2 Gcons and 2 Gcon2's
then. I want to play the latest Time Crisis, as well as the great Point
Blank games you see.
I did hear that they were going to release Point Blank 1, 2, and 3 as a
compilation for PS2. Any truth in this?

"ToChina" <invalid@email.address> wrote in news:XCDme.42207$G8.1311
@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

>> I've never had problems with the Namco guns, I have 2 G-Con 45s and 2 G-
>> Con 2s.
>>
>> Please note that this is based on Australian releases which looking at
>> your header you're from the UK so they should be the same.
>>
>> Cordova
>>

> Thanks for the the info, I think I'll treat myself to 2 Gcons and 2
Gcon2's
> then. I want to play the latest Time Crisis, as well as the great Point
> Blank games you see.
> I did hear that they were going to release Point Blank 1, 2, and 3 as a
> compilation for PS2. Any truth in this?

As far as I know it may have been released in Japan I haven't been able to
find much info but I believe it's called Gunbullet Collection or something
along those lines.

One thing I forgot to mention about the G-Con2 is that there seems to be
some problems with 100Hz TVs. As I dont have one myself I don't know what
the exact problems are and if there are workarounds or not.

Also it's probably only worth having 2 of either gun if you plan on playing
two players (since you want to play the Point Blanks I'd say you do). Some
games allow two gun mode but I personally find it rather tiring on the arms
and also a bit difficult to aim both guns properly, but that's just my
experience.

Cordova