Haf x case removing 1394 connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnkra

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
I have as Asus P8z77-v premium motherboard and it appears the motherboard does not have a connection for the 1394 connector. How do I remove this connector from the case.

Solution
Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums,
In some cases, the front panel connectors are simply hot melt glued into place. Carefully cutting the glue with a sharp knife should free it from the case. Other cases it's screwed into place and yet other cases use a combination of screws and glue. It is fairly straight-forward of a task.
I should probably point out that most people simply bundle up the unused panel wires and tuck them away - you may tire of the HAF-X and want to sell it someday
Hope it helps
Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums,
In some cases, the front panel connectors are simply hot melt glued into place. Carefully cutting the glue with a sharp knife should free it from the case. Other cases it's screwed into place and yet other cases use a combination of screws and glue. It is fairly straight-forward of a task.
I should probably point out that most people simply bundle up the unused panel wires and tuck them away - you may tire of the HAF-X and want to sell it someday
Hope it helps

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.