120hz Gaming Display

Hey guys right im after a 23inch monitor not much bigger 23.6 at max to play games on it must be 120hz 2d gaming is most important, 3d is nice but i will just use to show ppl probably never use my self for real gaming i got a budget of £250 any help let me know thanks
16 answers Last reply
More about 120hz gaming display
  1. I was searching for something similair. Went for the Samsung S23A750D 3D 23'' monitor.

    Why?
    - Latest Generation
    - Low input lag
    - 120hz
    - 3D also on Ati
    - Solid design
  2. jonboy88 said:
    Hey guys right im after a 23inch monitor not much bigger 23.6 at max to play games on it must be 120hz 2d gaming is most important, 3d is nice but i will just use to show ppl probably never use my self for real gaming i got a budget of £250 any help let me know thanks


    If I were you'd, I would at least pick a monitor with the right 3D options for the video card you have. You might not think you'll like 3D gaming, but after using it, you will probably change your mind.

    I was like you when I chose my 120hz monitor. After using 3D, I almost never play a game without it.
  3. i have a gtx 470 atm but will probs have to upgrade to a 570/80/ to play 1080p 3d but nvidia all the way
  4. In that case, I'd recommend looking for a 120hz monitor that is Nvidia 3D vision certified. There is no reason to limit yourself from that option if the cost is similar. I personally bought my monitor thinking I'd primarily game at 120hz, instead I almost exclusively game in 3D.
  5. ideal, the question is what one for £250 or under
  6. If it has dual dvi then its fine
  7. Asus VG236H 23" 2ms 1920x1080 Full HD 120Hz 3D multimedia Height & Swivel Adjustable WideScreen LCD Monitor w/nVidia 3D Vision Kit hard bundle 400 cd/m2 100,000:1 (ASCR) $438.99 and a $30 rebate with free shipping.


    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236092

    You might be able to squeeze this in with your budget or maybe a good sale on Black Friday.
  8. no i get what i need for 3d ect and low ms reposne time but the rest of the info i have no idea bit of a noob to this
  9. Acer HS244HQbmii Black 23.6" 2ms 3D Full HD HDMI WideScreen LCD Monitor w/Speakers 300 cd/m2 ACM 12,000,000:1 (1,000:1) $339.99

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009301

    This one for sure is in your budget.
  10. inzone said:
    Acer HS244HQbmii Black 23.6" 2ms 3D Full HD HDMI WideScreen LCD Monitor w/Speakers 300 cd/m2 ACM 12,000,000:1 (1,000:1) $339.99

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009301

    This one for sure is in your budget.


    That will not work. That will not allow you to play at 1080p and 120hz. Without a dual-link DVI connection, or displayport, it won't allow you to go beyond 720p at 120hz.
  11. from wikipedia on hdmi
    "HDMI 1.4a has defined mandatory 3D formats for broadcast, game, and movie content.[123] HDMI 1.4a requires that 3D displays support the frame packing 3D format at either 720p50 and 1080p24 or 720p60 and 1080p24, side-by-side horizontal at either 1080i50 or 1080i60, and top-and-bottom at either 720p50 and 1080p24 or 720p60 and 1080p24.[124]"
    so while you can use hdmi for 3d bluray and stuff, you won't be able use it at real 1080@120Hz that pc gamers would be interested in...
  12. $290 ASUS VG236HE Black 23" 1920X1080 2ms Height,Swivel & Tilt Adjustable Full HD 3D Widescreen LCD Monitor 400 cd/m2 100,000:1

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236104
  13. JackNaylorPE said:
    $290 ASUS VG236HE Black 23" 1920X1080 2ms Height,Swivel & Tilt Adjustable Full HD 3D Widescreen LCD Monitor 400 cd/m2 100,000:1

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236104


    That looks like a decent choice, but I have to wonder about something under the details. It might just be a typo, but it wrote this:

    Vertical Refresh Rate
    Analog: 50 - 122 Hz
    Digital: 50 - 85 Hz

    Maybe Analog is fine. It's 3D vision certified without the kit, which means if you don't actually plan to use it, you aren't paying for it.
  14. it says the same at asus' own website as well
    http://www.asus.com/Display/LCD_Monitors/VG236HE/#specifications
    weird...

    though the customer feedback at newegg tells it works @120 with dual-link dvi as would be expected.
  15. Kari said:
    it says the same at asus' own website as well
    http://www.asus.com/Display/LCD_Monitors/VG236HE/#specifications
    weird...

    though the customer feedback at newegg tells it works @120 with dual-link dvi as would be expected.


    It probably just means you need to make sure to get the Analog DVI dual-link cable.
  16. bystander said:
    It probably just means you need to make sure to get the Analog DVI dual-link cable.

    umm, dual-link is for digital signals only, the analog part of DVI-I is the same as standard vga (d-sub 15).

    edit if it is using the vga signal to get 120Hz, then a single-link dvi-i cable or even a dvi-a cable would work as well... it can't be like that, can it?

    edit2 it specifically states that the monitor has DVI-D input, so it has no analog signals in that what so ever...
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gaming Monitors Graphics Product Displays