Sign in with
Your question

ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 CPU light stays lit

Last response: in Motherboards
February 16, 2013 6:12:51 AM

Just bought a ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Socket AM3+ Motherboard and AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core 3.5GHz AM3+ Processor, Ultra Rogue M925 Full Tower Gaming Case. Tiger Direct part number (B69-0966)

Video card is a XFX ON-XFX1-STD2 One R-Series HD5450 Video Card - 512MB, DDR3, PCI-Express 2.0 (x16), 1x Dual-Link DVI-I, 1x VGA, 1x HDMI, DirectX 11, Single-Slot, Low Profile tiger direct part number (P450-8845)

after assembling all, I turned it on, the CPU light stays lit & there was no video on screen. I tried the video card in both top slot and next one down. no video response on either. I went back to look at the board and the CPU light stays on.

I'm a newby in building new systems so any help would be great.
February 16, 2013 3:23:21 PM

went thru the list checking it twice, 3x. no change. Tried the removing sticks, even tried the flash bios update just in case. checked cpu in case a pin may have gotten damaged. it looked beautiful. if I had another vid card I'd try that. My next step is to try the HDMI to see if vid does anything. I'm really puzzled here folks. Anyone got any ideas?
m
l
July 31, 2014 7:41:39 PM

If the cpu red led is on then nothing will work. You must remove power to even get it to go off. The cpu led supposedly tells you that something failed during POST and the motherboard will let you proceed until that is fixed.
m
l
!