Why wont lfd2 work with my gt 240 video card

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Graphics Cards
  • Directx
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 1, 2011 8:00:04 PM

when ever i try to play lfd 2 on steam a unknown video car warning pops up and when i click continue anyway it starts up just with sound i can here my mouse go over the options but i just cant see anything i have tried upgrading my direct x and i have a gt 240 ndvida video card. i tried direct x 11 and 12 and they don't work please help

More about : wont lfd2 work 240 video card

November 1, 2011 8:11:55 PM

What is the msg that comes up? ...does it only come up when you play L4D2?

- Update drivers?
- Is the gpu and/or the cpu oc'd?
- Hooked up another monitor to verify yours is ok?
- PSU could be dying, can you swap it to test?
m
l
November 1, 2011 8:46:17 PM

it says your video card does not appear in our data base consequently you may or may not be able to the game with sufficient stability or performance we would appreciate your help in ensuring that we have sufficient information to adress your video card and driver in the future by clicking the upload details button you will help us track witch video cards are currently missing from our database the upload details button is not able to be clicked and yes it only comes up when i play lfd2 i have updated my drivers and the other thing i have not tried.
m
l
Related resources
November 1, 2011 8:54:28 PM

itsxcameron said:
it says your video card does not appear in our data base consequently you may or may not be able to the game with sufficient stability or performance we would appreciate your help in ensuring that we have sufficient information to adress your video card and driver in the future by clicking the upload details button you will help us track witch video cards are currently missing from our database the upload details button is not able to be clicked and yes it only comes up when i play lfd2 i have updated my drivers and the other thing i have not tried.

Do you have on board video? If so disable it. I am not sure if Steam is trying to read the discrete or the integrated video.

Update drivers...from NVIDIA's website not some one else...reboot and try it again.
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

m
l
November 1, 2011 8:56:18 PM

ok thank you very much
m
l
November 1, 2011 9:00:15 PM

np...let us know what happens and we can go from there.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 1, 2011 9:58:40 PM

I have the card and played the game on it just fine. Just update drivers like he said.
m
l
!