Sign in with
Your question

Slave router - Can't get into menu

Last response: in Networking
January 25, 2011 11:57:24 AM

Hi,

I have a two routers running from one connection first the master which is a Dlink dg500 - i think all is fine there. Secondly I have a slave router running all the wired/wireless things in the kids rooms its a netgear and when i say 'slave' I figured out if you put the input from the first router into port1 instead of input it works as a slave.
Problem is I need to get into the router menu on the netgear, it was ip add 192.168.1.1 then when i slaved it it was 10.0.0.1 - (I think) but I have tried recentley to get onto it and can't for the life of me. I have tried wirelessly and through ethernet cable but can't get the menu.
Maybe I'm just missing a '0' from the ip address of the slave but if anyone can help me on where i'm going wrong it'd be nice

Thanks

Carl

More about : slave router menu

January 25, 2011 12:11:47 PM

car1jones said:
Hi,

I have a two routers running from one connection first the master which is a Dlink dg500 - i think all is fine there. Secondly I have a slave router running all the wired/wireless things in the kids rooms its a netgear and when i say 'slave' I figured out if you put the input from the first router into port1 instead of input it works as a slave.
Problem is I need to get into the router menu on the netgear, it was ip add 192.168.1.1 then when i slaved it it was 10.0.0.1 - (I think) but I have tried recentley to get onto it and can't for the life of me. I have tried wirelessly and through ethernet cable but can't get the menu.
Maybe I'm just missing a '0' from the ip address of the slave but if anyone can help me on where i'm going wrong it'd be nice

Thanks

Carl

There are better ways of setting this up, but we can fix that after we get into it. Use a computer connected by a network cable to the router in question that you want access to. Once the computer connects to it try this from the netgear website:
Quote:
How do I log into my router?

To log into a NETGEAR router:

In your Web browser, navigate to the router login page. By default, one or all of the following URLs should work:
http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com
Note: You can sometimes find the login URL on a sticker on the bottom or back of the router.

Enter the username (admin) and the password.
• The default password is password, or for older routers, 1234.
• If you have already changed the default password, use the password you assigned the router. Passwords are case sensitive.
• If you have already changed the password and do not remember it, you have to reset the router to factory defaults in order to use the default password. Resetting a router to factory defaults erases all changes you have made to the router's configuration files.

If that doesn't work, you can ask windows by going START -> RUN PROGRAM -> type CMD then enter. When you get a command prompt type 'ipconfig /all' and look for an entry called default gateway. Type that IP address into your webbrowser and continue.

You have to do the connecting from a wired connection to that router that you want to access, anything else shouldn't work under default settings on the router.

After you have access, we can discuss easier ways to setup the network with two wireless access nodes and what you want to accomplish.
January 25, 2011 8:25:32 PM

Maybe you could try pluging you computer into the slave router and goto routerlogin.com

!