Best Graphics card for around $200

Lapez89

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011
Ok so basically I'm running a crossfirex setup with dual HD5670's... I'd not very impressed with Crossfirex and want to go with a single card, is there anything in the $200 range that would work better? I want to be able to max out settings for Skyrim.

AbdullahG

Distinguished

Not a bad question. it's a good one actually. A GTX 560 Ti is basically an improved GTX 560. More processing units, overclocks very well, and much more. Great card overall.

nordlead

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
You can get a xfx 6950 for $210 after rebate on newegg.com. xfx has lifetime warranty if you register within 30 days. Personally I like the lifetime warranty because I tend to keep my computers for 5-6 years.

I believe the 560 is a lower clocked 560 ti. Nvidia released it to have a slightly cheaper card. I don't know if the chip design is different. edit: obviously I'm slow :-D

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Mate if I were you I would wait to purchase just a little bit, I read that Nvidia is releasing a revised GTX560ti with more cores and crap. I bet it won't make much of a difference performance wise but I have no doubt that once its released the GTX 560 and the Ti will drop in price a bit. So if you wanna save some cash wait a bit and see how things play out.

But then again, in the PC hardware world you can always wait to get something cheaper in the future but at some point you'll have to make the buy.

*Edit*

Woops forgot to post the link:
http://www.nordichardware.com/news/71-graphics/44509-nvidia-preparing-revised-gtx-560-ti-with-448-cuda-cores.html

Lapez89

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011
Yeah, I'm probably gonna wait a little bit longer anyways... I've got plenty of money saved up but if i spend this i go back underneath my original goal for amount of money to have saved up... which sounds really dumb, but i'm weird about spending money lol but deffinately gonna get a 560 ti soon