I need help deciding case

i'm going to build a pc next month for the first month and i can't decide between the HAF X case and the Corsair Obsidian 650D. i like the look of the 650D but i like the space in the HAF X, i just can't decide. and i'm probably going to watercool eventually and run SLI.
16 answers Last reply
More about deciding case
  1. Most people who know me will know that I can't stand the HAF series of CM cases. That's a personal gripe but the cases I will say are good and will not disappoint most likely. I am really biased towards Corsair and I think highly of the 650D as it can compete with full towers.

    Water cooling in the HAF X will allow for a bigger radiator most likely but if you like the looks of the 650d, go with it. The 650d is a great water cooling case as well, and will offer places in the top to mount a radiator and in the front as well as the back. (If you have one in the top, the rear one will have to be quite thin though).

    It's up to you but I would defiantly go with the 650d.
  2. thanks for the quick reply :) the HAF cases are a little ugly, i think i will go with the 650D now
  3. just changed from a haf x to coolermaster storm trooper

    and its even better than the haf x was :D
  4. Cheezuss said:
    thanks for the quick reply :) the HAF cases are a little ugly, i think i will go with the 650D now



    Nice choice, I really think you will enjoy this case thoroughly and it shouldn't disappoint.
  5. It's really a toss between the two you listed. My next case will be the HAF-X.
  6. I have really had good luck with Corsair products. I would go with them..
  7. silverstone raven!!!!!!
    :koala:
    enough airflow and one of the bet looking case!
  8. between the two I'd go with the Corsair . I agree completely with cyansnow that the haf's are criminally ugly but looks are subjective and whose too argue with half a gazillion haf owners . I will say that all the "cons " in the buyer feedback scream of poor quality controll . good luck and happy hunting
  9. NZXT Switch 810?
  10. rufus_22 said:
    between the two I'd go with the Corsair . I agree completely with cyansnow that the haf's are criminally ugly but looks are subjective and whose too argue with half a gazillion haf owners . I will say that all the "cons " in the buyer feedback scream of poor quality controll . good luck and happy hunting

    Just switched over from a HAF 912 to a CM 690 ii Advanced... :)
  11. amuffin said:
    NZXT Switch 810?


    yep but a lot of plastic :(
  12. cyansnow said:
    Most people who know me will know that I can't stand the HAF series of CM cases. That's a personal gripe but the cases I will say are good and will not disappoint most likely. I am really biased towards Corsair and I think highly of the 650D as it can compete with full towers.

    Water cooling in the HAF X will allow for a bigger radiator most likely but if you like the looks of the 650d, go with it. The 650d is a great water cooling case as well, and will offer places in the top to mount a radiator and in the front as well as the back. (If you have one in the top, the rear one will have to be quite thin though).

    It's up to you but I would defiantly go with the 650d.



    I have to say that im a bit of a Silverstone case nut and have 3 of them including the FT02, but not all can afford them, i have done alot of builds for alot of people using both Coolermaster and Corsair cases and i can agree with you whole heartedly, as generaly the Corsairs are not only nicer to look at but are also better quality better feel and have better features, but its only my opinion, my current gaming case favourite at the moment is this little gem...


    Corsair Obsidian Series 550D

  13. Uther39 said:
    I have to say that im a bit of a Silverstone case nut and have 3 of them including the FT02, but not all can afford them, i have done alot of builds for alot of people using both Coolermaster and Corsair cases and i can agree with you whole heartedly, as generaly the Corsairs are not only nicer to look at but are also better quality better feel and have better features, but its only my opinion, my current gaming case favourite at the moment is this little gem...


    Corsair Obsidian Series 550D

    http://static.scan.co.uk/images/products/super/1686460-l-a.jpg

    nice looking case ! Is that there quiet version ?
  14. 550D looks really a decent and silent case.
  15. Uther39 said:
    I have to say that im a bit of a Silverstone case nut and have 3 of them including the FT02, but not all can afford them, i have done alot of builds for alot of people using both Coolermaster and Corsair cases and i can agree with you whole heartedly, as generaly the Corsairs are not only nicer to look at but are also better quality better feel and have better features, but its only my opinion, my current gaming case favourite at the moment is this little gem...


    Corsair Obsidian Series 550D

    http://static.scan.co.uk/images/products/super/1686460-l-a.jpg



    I agree. I love silverstone's quality and exterior design and the reason I am partial to the Corsair Obsidian series is it reminds me of the Fortress series somewhat. As an owner of the SS-TJ07 (Not in use as of now) I understand what you are saying.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Build Components