Sign in with
Your question

Unknown Device - Asus Motherboard USB 3.0?

Last response: in Systems
December 30, 2011 3:58:21 PM

Hi all. I'm new to the forum, but I've performed a search here and elsewhere and cannot find the answer to my problem(s).

I just bought a new case, mb, cpu, and ram and upgraded my system. The mb is an Asus F1 A75-V Pro installed in an Antec P280 case. The case has two USB 2.0 and two USB 3.0 jacks on the front; and the motherboard has two USB 2.0 and two USB 3.0 ports on the I/O panel (back of the case). Antec provided a nice cable to connect the front panel USB 3.0 to a coupler on the motherboard.

My problem(s) are these:

1) At each boot up I'm told there's an unknown device that Windows (Vista 64-bit) cannot find a driver for. In the device manager these items are listed as Unknown devices with a hardware ID of AMDUSB30\ROOT_HUB30. I have updated the drivers from the Asus website with no success in correcting these issues.

2) The other problem (probably related so far as I can tell) is that the USB 3.0 ports on the front of the case and the ones on the I/O port do not recognize or do anything when I plug in a USB flash drive, a USB headset, or even an Apple iPhone. Even though I've enabled 3.0 in the bios and enabled "charging", the iPhone doesn't even charge. The 2.0 jacks all work well.

I've tried various bios settings, but the 3.0 jacks seem simply "dead".

Thank you in advance for your help!!!

Jeff

December 31, 2011 9:22:00 AM

Have you installed the mobo drivers?
!