Help Getting Component Input to Play

lurkingwolf

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010
Ok, I think I've missed something simple here and no matter how hard I search I can't find the answer I need. I bought a HP 5188-4214 TV Tuner Card that has a cable input, FM input, S-video input, and component input (video and L/R audio) so I could play some of my older systems (such as Nintendo and Sega) and hopefully my newer (such as my Wii) through my PC because I don't have room for a decent TV where I live. The tuner card says it just runs off of Windows Media Center which for the FM and the Cable inputs it does and does wonderfully. I don't have anything that uses the S-video so I'm not sure on that one, but my main concern is I can not find a way to get it to play any input received from my component inputs which was the sole purpose I bought the card in the first place. I am not opposed to using different software (or if there is better software please don't hesitate to suggest it) if Windows Media Center simply cannot play the component inputs. Any help in getting my game systems running on my PC will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

lurkingwolf

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010
Sorry, I'll admit I used the wrong word. It is composite input, not component, but still I cannot find a way to get Windows Media Center to play the composite input. I have the red/white/yellow jacks and I'm plugging in the red/white/yellow plugs. It detects and plays everything else on the TV Tuner card and the card stated it was made for Windows Media Center so I don't understand why I can't find an option to play the composite input in Windows Media Center.