Sign in with
Your question

Looking to buy a gaming keyboard

Last response: in Components
April 9, 2012 1:02:05 AM

Hi. I'm looking to buy a gaming keyboard for mainly general use and for MMO gaming like World of Warcraft. I'd love to have the kind of keyboard I remember from the early 90s, like one of those clicky IBM type keyboards. Those hard springs made it feel great.

What is a good reliable keyboard that you'd stand behind that is clicky like this?

More about : buy gaming keyboard

a b 4 Gaming
April 9, 2012 1:08:41 AM

Corsair K90, or obviously the razer blackwidow ultimate,...
m
l
April 9, 2012 1:13:39 AM

I have the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate and it is amazing!!! It's also mechanical which makes it "click" when you push the keys.
m
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
April 9, 2012 2:51:15 AM

If you're looking to replicate the "clicky" feeling, you definitely will want a mechanical keyboard with either Cherry MX Blue or Cherry MX Brown switches (same switch action).

The Blues are a bit louder than the Browns but are as close to the buckling spring keyboards (i.e. IBM keyboards) in terms of feel.

You many options for these keyboards - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, Leopold, Das Keyboard, etc. They all use the same switches but have different extras (backlighting, macro keys, etc).

I recently purchased a WASD Custom Keyboard and it's great - great design and you can customize almost everything about the keyboard. For example, here's mine:
http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/custom-keyboard-designer/w...
m
l
April 9, 2012 6:12:31 AM

Corsair vengeance K90, great board. although its not 100% machanical
m
l
!