Sign in with
Your question

BSOD problems - itunes related

Last response: in Systems
a c 93 B Homebuilt system
December 30, 2011 5:59:01 PM

I keep getting BSODs while trying to watch movies or long TV shows on iTunes - it doesn't really happen any other time. Not with games, anything. Is there something that could repeatedly cause this problem? Is it faulty connectors on my PSU to my hard drive? Anything else?
a c 78 B Homebuilt system
December 30, 2011 8:19:14 PM

Bad PSU cable seems unlikely.

I would be more quick to fault a bad install of the software or something like that.

RAM, Drivers, and buggy software are the biggest causes of BSODs.

Paste the BCCodes from the BSODs in here. Try to capture date from the BSODs or the event logs about which files are involved with these things from the error logs and the memory dumps.
m
l
December 30, 2011 11:18:05 PM

Raiddinn said:

I would be more quick to fault a bad install of the software or something like that.

Paste the BCCodes from the BSODs in here. Try to capture date from the BSODs or the event logs about which files are involved with these things from the error logs and the memory dumps.

What is the section of the BSOD do you need to look at to determine what the problem is?
m
l
a c 93 B Homebuilt system
December 31, 2011 12:32:37 AM

Raiddinn said:

OK I'll take a picture of the screen and post the code next time it happens - it seems it frequently happens at night after I've had my computer on all day.
m
l
!