Do I need a new video card for my Dimension 4100 or replace computer

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Dimension
  • Computer
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 2, 2011 1:55:31 AM

hi, I own an older model Demension 4100. I am very happy with the limited amounts of RAM ( 512 mb) and storage 37 GB for my limited needs. There is no need to upgrade or change. However recently I am having color problems with what I believe is my video card ( unknown style,numvber and part) as the screen has a sepia color effect or half color half black and white combo image amd the colors are not true. The image is sharp and not blurry but the color is faded, washed out and greenish tint. What is the problem? Do I get a new video card, what part number is it and how do I install it, or with newer cheaper models out should i just get a new desktop and forget the replacement step? Thanks for any answers from anyone, anywhere.
Tom
Rochester NY

More about : video card dimension 4100 replace computer

a b U Graphics card
November 2, 2011 2:18:04 AM

penquin47 said:
hi, I own an older model Demension 4100. I am very happy with the limited amounts of RAM ( 512 mb) and storage 37 GB for my limited needs. There is no need to upgrade or change. However recently I am having color problems with what I believe is my video card ( unknown style,numvber and part) as the screen has a sepia color effect or half color half black and white combo image amd the colors are not true. The image is sharp and not blurry but the color is faded, washed out and greenish tint. What is the problem? Do I get a new video card, what part number is it and how do I install it, or with newer cheaper models out should i just get a new desktop and forget the replacement step? Thanks for any answers from anyone, anywhere.
Tom
Rochester NY

Are you sure it isnt the monitor?
Score
November 2, 2011 2:23:33 AM

Yeah, I'd check the monitor first.

There should be a manufactured date on the back of it.

Is it an LCD or CRT?
Score

Best solution

a c 143 U Graphics card
November 2, 2011 2:32:53 AM

512 RAM...37 GB storage, i guess it's a CRT monitor.
like the others suggested, it could be the monitor cable, shake it left and right and see if the colors change.
November 12, 2011 1:32:13 AM

ilysaml said:
512 RAM...37 GB storage, i guess it's a CRT monitor.
like the others suggested, it could be the monitor cable, shake it left and right and see if the colors change.

Thats exactly what is was , the cable connection to my HD flatscreen monitor. Just needed to jiggle and tighten it, color came back perfect, do not need to buy any video card. Thanks for something so simple and at no cost to me at all!
Penquin47 :hello: 
Score
November 12, 2011 1:33:42 AM

Best answer selected by penquin47.
Score
!