Sign in with
Your question
Closed

HELP - Won't boot into BIOS, keeps restarting

Last response: in Memory
February 17, 2013 12:06:47 AM

I messed with the frequency on my RAM in BIOS...didn't touch anything else, left other settings on auto. (See system specs below) Now it's stuck in a rebooting loop and won't go into BIOS. I've done a CMOS_CLEAR at least 5 times with no luck -- unplugging everything -- pulled out my Corsair Vengeance RAM and put in the Dell RAM that came with it...no luck. Put one stick in, rebooted...beeped at me...didn't like that. I pulled the battery from the motherboard, held down the power button to discharge.... I've scoured forums looking for answers and I'm hitting a wall. Any gurus out there that can help a novice? Everything was working great before I messed with that. Everything in BIOS was default except for the timing on my CPU cores and was working fine before I messed with the RAM. Kicking myself...

More about : boot bios restarting

February 17, 2013 12:13:16 AM

Or shall I say won't past POST
Score

Best solution

February 17, 2013 12:19:41 AM

i would try removing everything from the motherboard for a good amount of time... 5 hours or so, no connections what-so-ever
Related resources
February 17, 2013 12:25:23 AM

reset your BIOS using the reset jumper.
Score
February 17, 2013 12:28:44 AM

tripledouce said:
reset your BIOS using the reset jumper.

I think he did that, to no avail...
Score
February 17, 2013 1:09:00 AM

I would recommend Tripledouce's fix. Use the reset jumper for the BIOS to clear the settings.
Score
February 17, 2013 1:36:36 AM

I was thinking about unplugging everything and leaving it for a few hours. It obvious that its not defaulting. Will do when I head back home.
Score
February 27, 2013 1:43:47 AM

Best answer selected by ekimis.
Score
a b } Memory
February 27, 2013 8:47:56 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score
!