Copying Saved Games to USB Port... Possible?

Hi, I've recently aquired an old ps2, to which I only have 1 memory
card, and I dont really feel like dishing out for another.

I have a Sony USB pen which I've already used with GT4 to send photos
to it...

My question is, in the Memory card copy view, is there a way I can use
that USB pen as if it was another memory card?
I've just finished obtaining all my GT4 licenses, and I wanted to
backup that saved game so I dont have to do it everytime I start
again.

Is there a way to do this without buying another memorycard?
or is it possible to do a COPY AS, so I can have 2 GT4 savegames with
diferent names on the one memorycard?

Thanks Guys.

"David Ferreira" <dasferreira@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I've recently aquired an old ps2, to which I only have 1 memory
> card, and I dont really feel like dishing out for another.
>
> I have a Sony USB pen which I've already used with GT4 to send photos
> to it...
>
> My question is, in the Memory card copy view, is there a way I can use
> that USB pen as if it was another memory card?
> I've just finished obtaining all my GT4 licenses, and I wanted to
> backup that saved game so I dont have to do it everytime I start
> again.
>
> Is there a way to do this without buying another memorycard?
> or is it possible to do a COPY AS, so I can have 2 GT4 savegames with
> diferent names on the one memorycard?
>
> Thanks Guys.

It is possible to use the PS2's USB port with a USB memory unit/jump
drive...but you need the proper software. The PS2 won't recognize it
otherwise. AFAIK, the only software that does such a thing is the software
that comes with the Max Drive. But you'll pay $30 for the overpriced USB
jump drive that comes with it. But once you have that, you can use other
USB memory units. I've used a tiny 16MB GE one as well as a 128MB Lexar one
without problems.

In the long run, it is probably cheaper to buy a red/blue 2-pack of Sony PS2
memory cards. They're $35 ($40 with a free $5 Gift Card) from Best Buy.

On Mon, 30 May 2005 09:50:12 -0700, "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net>
spewed forth these words of wisdom:

>It is possible to use the PS2's USB port with a USB memory unit/jump
>drive...but you need the proper software. The PS2 won't recognize it
>otherwise. AFAIK, the only software that does such a thing is the software
>that comes with the Max Drive. But you'll pay $30 for the overpriced USB
>jump drive that comes with it. But once you have that, you can use other
>USB memory units. I've used a tiny 16MB GE one as well as a 128MB Lexar one
>without problems.
>
>In the long run, it is probably cheaper to buy a red/blue 2-pack of Sony PS2
>memory cards. They're $35 ($40 with a free $5 Gift Card) from Best Buy.

You can also use the MaxDrive to backup your saves to the PC, and can even
download saves via the web.

Galley

"Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message news:<XoGdnVVQ_sXQ2QbfRVn-1Q@comcast.com>...

> It is possible to use the PS2's USB port with a USB memory unit/jump
> drive...but you need the proper software. The PS2 won't recognize it
> otherwise. AFAIK, the only software that does such a thing is the software
> that comes with the Max Drive. But you'll pay $30 for the overpriced USB
> jump drive that comes with it. But once you have that, you can use other
> USB memory units. I've used a tiny 16MB GE one as well as a 128MB Lexar one
> without problems.
>
> In the long run, it is probably cheaper to buy a red/blue 2-pack of Sony PS2
> memory cards. They're $35 ($40 with a free $5 Gift Card) from Best Buy.

well, it'll be cheaper to get an extra mem card... lol

"David Ferreira" <dasferreira@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I've recently aquired an old ps2, to which I only have 1 memory
> card, and I dont really feel like dishing out for another.
>
> I have a Sony USB pen which I've already used with GT4 to send photos
> to it...
>
> My question is, in the Memory card copy view, is there a way I can use
> that USB pen as if it was another memory card?
> I've just finished obtaining all my GT4 licenses, and I wanted to
> backup that saved game so I dont have to do it everytime I start
> again.
>
> Is there a way to do this without buying another memorycard?
> or is it possible to do a COPY AS, so I can have 2 GT4 savegames with
> diferent names on the one memorycard?
>
> Thanks Guys.

Action Replay Max

http://www.codejunkies.com/

$20 just for the CD (software) package, without any overpriced USB pens
included.

Website will tell you that you should use their USB pens (of course), but I
found that practically any work with ARM. In fact, I'm using a 512 MB CF
card (with a USB CF read/writer)! Works just fine. I use it primarily as a
mass storage device for game saves, but also works to play Genesis games,
MP3's, ect. Purchasing ARM also entitles you to some online storage space
so you can send your saved games to their servers. Make it private or
public so others can download.

Isn't perfect, but well worth $20 for what it does.

Cheers,
-E

TRENDING THREADS