• Radeon
  • Asus
  • Monitors
  • LED Monitor
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 2, 2011 3:34:40 AM

Hey, I've been looking at some LED Asus monitors, and I'm not sure how big of a difference 27 and 24 inch monitors are. I'll be buying 6 in a 3x2 setup, suggestions?
Oh, and they have to have displayport.

More about : question

November 2, 2011 4:16:46 AM

in display, bigger = better
(provided you have the necessary graphic power to support it)

Personally, i'd pick 22" @ max eye candy in games than 27" @ medium graphic setting anytime
m
l
November 2, 2011 1:24:29 PM

I've got an Asus 6950. I'll be buying another soon.
m
l
Related resources
November 2, 2011 1:47:42 PM

cumi2k4 said:

Personally, i'd pick 22" @ max eye candy in games than 27" @ medium graphic setting anytime

That makes no sence if the the monitors support the same resolution.
m
l
November 2, 2011 1:52:27 PM

cumi2k4 said:
in display, bigger = better
(provided you have the necessary graphic power to support it)

Your thinking of resolution, screen size doesn't affect performance at all.

Bigger does not always = better....Two monitors at the same resolution (1920x1080 for example) but with different screen sizes
(in this case 22" and 27") will both have the same amount of pixels on screen (1920x1080) but on the bigger 27" screen the pixels will be bigger and on the smaller 22" screen they will be smaller, giving a sharper picture.
m
l
November 2, 2011 1:54:25 PM

If you are going for an Eyefinity Display setup, you should pick whatever ones give you the least ammount of edge on them. A 27" setup would look terible compaired to a 24" setup if you have larger than an inch between screens. Personaly I think an inch is too large on a 6 screen setup as the large line horizontaly down the center. I would find something with as small of a top and bottom edge to reduce this as much as possable.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 135 C Monitor
November 2, 2011 1:57:59 PM

One thing to be aware of, especially in an eyefinity setup, how wide the 3 monitors will be. With a 27" x 3 setup, you'll likely have to put them further away from you, or the 2 side monitors are going to be close to the edge of your peripheral vision.

If you want your monitors right in front of your face, you might want to go with the 23" monitors.
m
l
November 2, 2011 1:59:27 PM

Gothams Finest said:

Bigger does not always = better....Two monitors at the same resolution (1920x1080 for example) but with different screen sizes
(in this case 22" and 27") will both have the same amount of pixels on screen (1920x1080) but on the bigger 27" screen the pixels will be bigger and on the smaller 22" screen they will be smaller, giving a sharper picture.

In order to see the difference of 1080p you have to have a screen larger than 50". He is going to use these in an Eyefinity setup so I doubt that he will have them close enough to his face to see the pixels on his screen.

Also you said before that he would have to play at medium on a 27" screen, if he has the same resolution on that screen as a 22" screen that he runs at high, there would be nodifference in the quality that he would have to run the games at.
m
l
November 2, 2011 2:12:03 PM

videogamerign said:
In order to see the difference of 1080p

1st. I used 1080 as an example like I said in brackets.

videogamerign said:
you have to have a screen larger than 50".

2nd. :lol: 

videogamerign said:
He is going to use these in an Eyefinity setup so I doubt that he will have them close enough to his face to see the pixels on his screen.

3rd. My post was for cumi2k4 not for the OP which is why I quoted cumi2k4 and not the OP.

videogamerign said:
Also you said before that he would have to play at medium on a 27" screen

4th. I think your readin cumi2k4s post there not mine.

videogamerign said:
if he has the same resolution on that screen as a 22" screen that he runs at high, there would be nodifference in the quality that he would have to run the games at.

Read my post again, very slowly and very carefully, you seem to have trouble reading.

m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b C Monitor
November 2, 2011 2:13:28 PM

I would never run 3x2, the crosshair will be lost in the bezels. 5x1 with the monitors in portrait mode. That's where it's at.

I vote 24" monitor. Same res as the 27", but closer packed pixels. Should look better.
m
l
November 2, 2011 2:14:48 PM

4745454b said:
I vote 24" monitor. Same res as the 27", but closer packed pixels. Should look better.

Yes it will have a sharper image.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 135 C Monitor
November 2, 2011 2:24:24 PM

4745454b said:
I would never run 3x2, the crosshair will be lost in the bezels. 5x1 with the monitors in portrait mode. That's where it's at.

For a 5x1 setup or 3x1, I probably would go with 24" monitors, but I prefer 27" as a single monitor, as it gives more immersion when it covers more of your vision (5x1 will accomplish that anyways).
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b C Monitor
November 2, 2011 2:31:22 PM

Exactly, which makes huge monitors pointless. You are better off buying the "smaller" yet sharper 22-24" monitors.

If I was going single I'd get a 24" at least, a 27" if I could afford it. But seeing as you'll have so many, you want image not size.
m
l
November 2, 2011 4:01:53 PM

inanition02 said:
Just get this and be done with it...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I'd rather use my single 40" Samsung LCD. 1/4 of the price and no bezels.

Yeah yeah I know its higher res blah blah blah..... but so what? whats the point in having a crisp sharp looking picture when its coverd in black bezels.
m
l
November 2, 2011 9:53:07 PM

inanition02 said:
Just get this and be done with it...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I like the input but first, look at the price, $2000 more than what I'm paying, second those monitors are *** lol, 8ms? That was acceptable a few years ago. And they aren't LED. The only pro is it's a package and thin bezels.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b C Monitor
November 2, 2011 11:31:45 PM

Yeah, those monitors are $600 each. And 8ms? Nice package overall, but not up to date. Similar to Gothems thinking that 40"s is better. (Cumi2k4 as well.) Home built solution won't look as nice, but it will be cheaper and better performing.
m
l
November 4, 2011 5:50:12 AM

videogamerign said:
That makes no sence if the the monitors support the same resolution.

Gothams Finest said:

You guys are right. I was talking about the resolution...
I shouldn't assume that higher display certainly have higher resolution. Sorry 'bout that.
m
l
November 4, 2011 6:39:39 AM

videogamerign said:
In order to see the difference of 1080p you have to have a screen larger than 50". He is going to use these in an Eyefinity setup so I doubt that he will have them close enough to his face to see the pixels on his screen.

Also you said before that he would have to play at medium on a 27" screen, if he has the same resolution on that screen as a 22" screen that he runs at high, there would be nodifference in the quality that he would have to run the games at.

resolution not screen size
Hdtvs screen size normally bigger as you sit 5 to 7ft away from it. With a pc monitor you sit up close where you will spot the dots if you sit with a huge tv one a low resolution
m
l
November 4, 2011 8:25:51 AM

Are you willing to spend the money for 6 27" monitors? if you are then why not go that route (assuming you pick out 2ms response times at 1080). I think the main factor for the array you are looking to have is cost. a 3x2 array is going to be impressive even at a 20" screen size.

I noticed a good difference when i went form dual 24" to dual 27" and was very happy about it. Another thing to consider is how much room they will all take up. Do you have the space for mounting 6 27" monitors?
m
l
November 4, 2011 9:25:03 PM

My desk is 162" in width
m
l
!