Sign in with
Your question

AMD Phenom II 1055T Stock fan noise and RPM?

Last response: in CPUs
April 9, 2012 7:20:55 AM

Hi all,

Got the following rig recently:

AMD 1055T
Gigabyte 880M mobo
MSI ATI 6850 1 GB DDR5
Corsair CX 500 PSU
1 TB Seagate HDD
Samsung DVD Writer
Corsair 4 GB 1600 Mhz RAM
Cooler Master Elite 371 Cabinet

Now, I am getting lots of fan noise. Its irritating. I am using stock AMD cooler as CM one was not available.
Following is speedfan pic whe system IDLE:

Temperature here is 38 C.

During Passmark CPU benchmarks i.e. CPU on load:

Now, following are my queries:

1. What is that TMPIN2 temperature? That goes upto 59 C while gaming.
2. My core Temperatures never go above 47 on load, and remain 33 on idle, so do I need to worry?
3. Now, the fan noise is irritating. It runs on 4500 to 5000 RPM when idle, and goes upto 6683 RPM when on load. So, will it last? Are these normal speeds for stock fans?
a b à CPUs
April 9, 2012 10:08:05 AM

Yeah you need to get rid of that stock cooler and buy a CM Hyper 212 EVO, not only is it alot quieter but also alot cooler than the stock cooler from AMD, which Country do you live in?
April 9, 2012 11:26:45 AM

I am in India. I cannot buy Stock cooler immediately. But ar these temperatures fine? And that RPM?
Related resources
April 9, 2012 12:39:47 PM

^Yeah, saw that just after you mentioned it. Planning to buy it, not sure if I am capable enough to install it (first PC rig, never installed anything on PC except GPU, HDD and RAM). So delaying it unless its extremely important.
I can live with the noise if temperatures and life of stock fan is fine.
April 9, 2012 1:54:25 PM

Hmm. I found an even better video that runs for 31 minutes and is very detailed. Thanks for the link though. Still worried I might mess something up.
Let see, I will see how much the stock fan lasts and if it keeps temperatures in check. If not, I will go for CM 212 Evo.
!