Not sure how to plug in the power and reset headers

ghastaphish

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
I have a HAF912 case and a asrock micro atx board, and I'm having trouble figuring out what direction the power and reset headers plug into the motherboard. Which end is the ground? The headers themselves plug in horizontally, right? This is my first build and I'm terrified of frying the board if i plug the power header in wrong. Please help!

Solution
if it is the button, then you are in luck, you can plug them either way, no problem.
because what the switch does is just short those pins, no polarity.

if it were the leds, then there are polarities but as far as i know it will not cause problems if you do connected them in a wrong way (they just won;t light up), then just reverse it. please somebody correct me if im wrong here.
what is dangerous are the usb, so be careful with that.

as for the switches, just go ahead, it is safe. if you have seen other people, sometimes they just use screw drivers, like for testing. because if you short it, you are basically turning the pc on, or resetting it

ghastaphish

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
asrock h77m micro atx board. Yeah, sorry, I'm talking about the wires that come down from the power and reset buttons, which then should connect to the front panel header, down in the lower right corner of the board. I cant tell which direction to plug the power one in. It has a red and a white wire, the white one having an arrow marked on the actual plug part.

if it is the button, then you are in luck, you can plug them either way, no problem.
because what the switch does is just short those pins, no polarity.

if it were the leds, then there are polarities but as far as i know it will not cause problems if you do connected them in a wrong way (they just won;t light up), then just reverse it. please somebody correct me if im wrong here.
what is dangerous are the usb, so be careful with that.

as for the switches, just go ahead, it is safe. if you have seen other people, sometimes they just use screw drivers, like for testing. because if you short it, you are basically turning the pc on, or resetting it

Solution