Want to get rid of Short Menus in all Programs

Word, Excel and most other programs display only the shortened menus under
'File' 'Edit' 'Tools' etc. I have to click on the down-arrows every time to
get the full menus. I used to know how to get full menus all the time in 98
but no clue how to do it in XP; is most annoying, advice would be appreciated

LJS wrote:
> Word, Excel and most other programs display only the shortened menus
> under 'File' 'Edit' 'Tools' etc. I have to click on the down-arrows
> every time to get the full menus. I used to know how to get full
> menus all the time in 98 but no clue how to do it in XP; is most
> annoying, advice would be appreciated

You just have to know where to find it among the 10,000 options in MSOffice.
:)

Open Tools / Customize / Options Tab, Select Always show full menus.

--
Regards,

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

http://www.dts-l.org
http://www.mvps.org

null

LJS wrote:

> Word, Excel and most other programs display only the shortened menus under
> 'File' 'Edit' 'Tools' etc. I have to click on the down-arrows every time to
> get the full menus. I used to know how to get full menus all the time in 98
> but no clue how to do it in XP; is most annoying, advice would be appreciated

For XP, right-click the Start button, select Properties. Click the
Customize button next to Classic Start menu. In the Advanced Start menu
options at the bottom, uncheck Use Personalized Menus and then click OK
twice.

For MS Office programs, right-click an empty part of the menu bar at the
top of the MS Office application window, select Customize. Click the
Options tab, check Always show full menus and close the dialog box.

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.

Hi,

This is not a feature of Windows XP. This particular feature is a part of MS Office. To switch this off in any Office
application, launch it and click on tools > customize and flip to the options tab. Put a check next to 'Always show full
menus'.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User