I click GPU Boost, My Computer shutdowns and restarts

aaa187

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
OK, I went into my BIOS to check out the options it has and I found a GPU Boost setting.

When I clicked it, It gave me the option of "OK" and "Cancel". It didn't give me the chance to save the settings and confirm it, that was it.

When I clicked "OK", the BIOS menu froze and the computer shutdown and it restarted. No signal on the monitor at all, and it restarted again. It kept doing this for about 5 times and it start it up back as normal.

I went to the BIOS to see this again, and yeah, when I basically click GPU Boost, the system restarts for about 5 times and then it's over.

what could be causing this?

I have a GTX 670 FTW

i5 3570K

and: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131837

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182132

aaa187

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
Is not that I needed, I was just going through the options, I wasn't planning on confirming anything but when I hovered over that, I clicked "OK", and it restarted 5 times.

Just wondering what could be causing this.

aaa187

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
UPDATE:

Everytime I restart my computer, the whole system shuts off. A system Restart wasn't like this, it would be on but just restart.

This time, the whole computer shuts off completely, then turns back on after 3 seconds.

Now, this was my first time shutting down for the day, the whole computer stays on.

I click "Shut Down", Windows closes, Monitos shuts off as it knows when the computer turns off, but the whole system is on like fans. I have to manually whole down the power button to shut it down.

EDIT 2: I searched, this guy had the same problem I have.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?board_id=1&model=P8H67-M+PRO&id=20120616134521509&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

aaa187

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
So what do I do?

upgrade the BIOS? nothing has worked and don't know why it started acting up like this.

This all happened after I clicked GPU BOOST on the BIOS.

Now the IGPU settings don't even show up anymore and the computer doesn't shut down unless I hold down the power button because all the fans are still spinning.

And it also restarts very weird.

aaa187

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
thanks, I have cleared the cmos.

I moved the jumper to the other side and the back.

That has fixed my weird restarting and shutdown glitch.

Everything shuts down and restarts like normal.

Now the only problem is to see why it only gives me an option of PCI and PCIE but no IGPU for system graphic settings.

when the cmos was reset the ipgpu settings went back to factory default of off. under primary video output there a line that says muilt monitor supprt and rendering. set both of them to enabled and then reboot. also make sure your running the newest bios for bug fixes.

aaa187

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
All of those settings are missing.

I used to have the "IGPU" settings under primary displays, but all it says is "PCI" and "PCIe"

There are no other settings but only setting to set my primary displays.

Everything was there before. This all happened after I clicked "GPU Boost" in the BIOS and the computer shutdown like 5 times. After that, those settings were gone and my computer started acting funny with the shutdown and restarts until I cleared the CMOS. But the settings are still gone.

I would really like to use my integrated GPU instead incase something ever happens to my GTX 670.

aaa187

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
Yeah, there are no lines.

Only line there is "Primary Display" which shows no IGPU, just PCI and PCIe.

all of the other lines were there, but they disappeared after the whole "GPU boost" thing.

aaa187

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
Alright, I flashed my bios to the newest version, and still nothing shows up.

Only option there is "Primary display" with only "Auto" and PCI PCIEe showing up, no IGPU.

Could the integrated graphics have died because I clicked "GPU Boost" in the BIOS?

aaa187

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
Could the CPU frequency have anything to do with it?

I checked on the Intel Identification Tool and the CPU speed is at 3.61 GHZ, while the Default is supposed to be at 3.40 GHZ.

aaa187

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
anyway I can pinpoint the exact problem? Would taking out the battery be any different than using the jumper to clear CMOS?

I've taken out the GTX 670 and hooked up the HDMI to the motherboard to see if the IGPU would work. I got 1 long beep and 3 short ones after that.

Would really suck if i RMA one part and it turns out to be another.

Does the GPU Boost setting can really cause damage to do all this or what?