Single RAM in Dual Channel, 1333 MHz in 1066 MHz Slot

aatmik

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
I needed a budget 4 GB RAM compatible with the Intel Pentium G645, which only supports 1066 MHz memory. My chosen motherboard is dual-channel.

My first question is that can I use a single stick of 4 GB RAM in the dual channel, and if I can, is it way better to get a 2x2GB configuration? Price isn't a problem, the difference is marginal, but the one I was looking at, the Kingston Value RAM, is not available 2x2GB in India, where I live - although I can still ask someone to get it for me from the States.

Secondly, can you use the 1333 MHz modules with a 1066 MHz compatible processor, even if you only get 1066 MHz? Just wanted to know if they are compatible.

Thanks a lot :)

Solution

Hi mate yes you will get better performance with duel...

megahurtz

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013

Hi mate yes you will get better performance with duel channel ram as its running in duel mode i had mine setup in the wrong slot's wich was not giving me duel channel performance i changed to the right slot's and my bandwith nearly doubled and yes you can run 1333mhz ram in a 1066mhz compaitable board it will just be clocked at the lower speed. :)

Solution