Sign in with
Your question

Is 1080p resolution bad for small displays?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 2, 2011 10:51:02 AM

I am using a 22 inch lcd which has a resolution of 1920x1080. When I am using it on desktop (Windows UI) some things are a little blurry like the texts. But on games it looks good. Is HD resolution not that good on monitor size of 22 and below?

More about : 1080p resolution bad small displays

a b U Graphics card
November 2, 2011 12:11:39 PM

Quote:
actually a smaller display with higher resolution is better than a bigger display with lower resolution.

Higher resolution means you're packing more pixels onto the screens.
and with a lower screen size, but same amount of pixels, the images wont appear so edgy

+1
m
l
a c 189 U Graphics card
November 2, 2011 12:35:09 PM

^+2
true.. true...
m
l
Related resources
a c 365 U Graphics card
November 2, 2011 1:26:31 PM

darkstar845 said:
I am using a 22 inch lcd which has a resolution of 1920x1080. When I am using it on desktop (Windows UI) some things are a little blurry like the texts.

That basically means your vision is starting to go bad. Text on a 22" 1920 x 1080 monitor is very sharp, but small. Your eyes are having difficulting focusing on small text.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 2, 2011 1:42:59 PM

Are you usign windows 7?

If so - click on your start button.

Now in the search bar type "Cleartype". Go through the settings and see what looks best to you.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 2, 2011 1:55:19 PM

jaguarskx said:
That basically means your vision is starting to go bad. Text on a 22" 1920 x 1080 monitor is very sharp, but small. Your eyes are having difficulting focusing on small text.

I think he would notice if his eye sight was getting worse. Give him some credit.
m
l
a c 176 U Graphics card
November 2, 2011 2:21:50 PM

Quote:
I think he would notice if his eye sight was getting worse.

Actually, you don't. You always get input from your eyes, and your brain is VERY good at adapting/compensating for degrading images. Maybe people don't know they have eyesight issues until its to late.

http://seniorhealth.about.com/library/conditions/blglau...

Because you slowly lose vision you don't realize that you can't see the sides anymore.
m
l
a c 365 U Graphics card
November 2, 2011 2:57:17 PM

Gothams Finest said:
I think he would notice if his eye sight was getting worse. Give him some credit.

Depending on the distance a person is viewing a 22" 1920x1080 monitor, you may need to have 20/20 vision (considered to be "perfect vision") or better to be able to read small text.

As stated by 4745454b, vision loss can be very subtle and you may not realize your vision has degraded minutely until you test your vision. For example, earlier this year I went for an eye exam, the optometrist told me my vision has deteriorated slightly from around 2 years ago. However, it's not at the point where it needs to be corrected.
m
l
!