Desktop Icon appearance

Using Windows XP theme, the Icon names did have clear background with
shadowing on lettering. Now, writng and icon outline has solid color. Any
suggestions on restoring it - couldn't see anything in display.

Hi,

Checkpoints to consider:

1) Right click on desktop >> arrange icons by >> uncheck "Lock Web items on desktop"

2) Right click on My Computer >> Properties >> Advanced tab >> Settings under 'Performance' >> check "Use drop shadows
for icon labels on desktop".

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"morag es" <morages@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Windows XP theme, the Icon names did have clear background with
> shadowing on lettering. Now, writng and icon outline has solid color. Any
> suggestions on restoring it - couldn't see anything in display.

Thanks Anando, had tried both without success. I'm still puzzled. Morag es