Sign in with
Your question

Chipset Drivers

Last response: in Motherboards
February 17, 2013 6:21:57 PM

Do I need to install any drivers for the CPU right after I install the CPU? Things like motherboard BIOS or GPU drivers. Is the chipset part of the Motherboard BIOS? I'm pretty sure it is, but I'm just making sure.

More about : chipset drivers

a b V Motherboard
a b \ Driver
a b à CPUs
February 17, 2013 6:50:42 PM

bios is different than the chipset drivers
m
l
a c 461 V Motherboard
a b \ Driver
a c 152 à CPUs
February 17, 2013 7:30:09 PM

yesthis said:
Do I need to install any drivers for the CPU right after I install the CPU? Things like motherboard BIOS or GPU drivers. Is the chipset part of the Motherboard BIOS? I'm pretty sure it is, but I'm just making sure.

The chipset driver is not the part of the MB bios, it is for the CUP. You need install the update one later if you want because windows has the default chipset drivers. But you can get the update chipset driver from intel website, and there is not chipset drivers for the AMD CUP.
m
l
February 17, 2013 8:13:24 PM

cin19 said:
The chipset driver is not the part of the MB bios, it is for the CUP. You need install the update one later if you want because windows has the default chipset drivers. But you can get the update chipset driver from intel website, and there is not chipset drivers for the AMD CUP.

Thank you, can you direct me though the intel website to the download page? I can't seem to find it...
m
l
!