M5A97 R2.0 Sound Problem

jazzybo

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
Hello,
I have an Asus M5A97 R2.0 motherboard.The issue is after playing sound it suddenly becomes garbled and crashes computer.After reboot it works for a while then crashes again.Have tried replacing power supply,and installing different version drivers.Has anybody else had this issue with this board? I am using Windows 8 64 Bit. Thanks

wilkie1020

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
Hullo! I actually have the exact same problem (And MOBO). I posted on here before not realizing it was a sound issue until later. I haven't resolved the issue, but I have a work around. If you are using HDMI and your monitor supports audio output if you uninstall the realtek sound drivers it will work fine. Also, if you use a headset that is USB it will work alright.

I would love an actual fix though, since I have used multiple versions of the driver with no luck.

Side note: It's the same on Windows 7 64 bit.

jazzybo

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
Thanks for the input.I contacted Asus they suggested I reset the CMOS try different drivers reinstall OS.None of those worked.After CMOS reset and bios upgrade PCIEX16 blue slot quit working.Called Asus and got a RMA# so the board goes back.In the mean time I have decided to go with the Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 AM3+ Motherboard and use the M5A97 R2.0 for a later build.From what I have read others have had the same issues with this board.Hope you find a work around but you might think about returning it. Cheers!