Sign in with
Your question

Want to overclock for the fastest and most safe way

Last response: in CPUs
April 9, 2012 10:20:03 PM

HI...

I want to OC my system to get the most out of it for gaming but do it so that it will be stabile for heat to and all else.....I have an AMD Phenom x4 9950 BE and an ASUS M3A78 MB and i am running an ECO Coolit..I already have it to 200x15.5 multiplier(3.1) with nothing else and it is stable..Max temp at 100% 56-57* idle @ 43* and MB @ 41*...I just need the the proper parameters to change and numbers...If you need any more info please just ask.....Thanks for any info.....

More about : overclock fastest safe

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
April 9, 2012 10:45:55 PM

you are going to want to increase the multiplier by .5 until it is unstable. At that point raise the voltage a bit to get it stable. I can't tell you the exact numbers, because no 2 are the same.

Just keep doing those steps until you are where you want to be. Just keep watching your temps. Don't go above 70c.
April 9, 2012 10:49:09 PM

it is unstable at x16 and which voltage do i raise? thanks
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
April 9, 2012 10:55:47 PM

Should be the Processor OverVoltage setting.

be CAREFUL though, as too much voltage will fry the chip... I honestly wouldn't really go above the max stable as you can get without touching it.
a b à CPUs
April 9, 2012 11:05:22 PM

The max voltage you can raise this chip is to 1.3v, without any issues... Anything higher and you run a chance at blowing your chip.
a b à CPUs
April 9, 2012 11:49:10 PM

Hi :) 

I will repeat whats said above as we see a LOT of people come into my computer shops with overclocked cpus that are BLOWN.....

There is ALWAYS a risk you can blow the cpu and mobo....

And there is NO safe way, not ever, not at all...

All the best Brett :) 
a b à CPUs
April 10, 2012 5:55:51 AM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

I will repeat whats said above as we see a LOT of people come into my computer shops with overclocked cpus that are BLOWN.....

There is ALWAYS a risk you can blow the cpu and mobo....

And there is NO safe way, not ever, not at all...

All the best Brett :) 

Im not sure I would go that far Brett, as some chips are clearly underclocked in their stock form. But I am inclined to agree with you on the OP's chip.

With the 9950, you have a part that already draws a fair amount of power. Thats why the agena parts never clocked past 2.8 Ghz, even with the dual core models. By the time you reach 3.0 ghz, you will likely be pushing 200 watts. Thats bad news for a motherboard that is not designed to take that kind of punishment. And yours is not.

a c 184 à CPUs
a c 149 K Overclocking
April 10, 2012 6:14:50 AM

Safest way?
Custom watercooling.
!