Want to overclock for the fastest and most safe way

dab18351

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
HI...

I want to OC my system to get the most out of it for gaming but do it so that it will be stabile for heat to and all else.....I have an AMD Phenom x4 9950 BE and an ASUS M3A78 MB and i am running an ECO Coolit..I already have it to 200x15.5 multiplier(3.1) with nothing else and it is stable..Max temp at 100% 56-57* idle @ 43* and MB @ 41*...I just need the the proper parameters to change and numbers...If you need any more info please just ask.....Thanks for any info.....

you are going to want to increase the multiplier by .5 until it is unstable. At that point raise the voltage a bit to get it stable. I can't tell you the exact numbers, because no 2 are the same.

Just keep doing those steps until you are where you want to be. Just keep watching your temps. Don't go above 70c.

Im not sure I would go that far Brett, as some chips are clearly underclocked in their stock form. But I am inclined to agree with you on the OP's chip.

With the 9950, you have a part that already draws a fair amount of power. Thats why the agena parts never clocked past 2.8 Ghz, even with the dual core models. By the time you reach 3.0 ghz, you will likely be pushing 200 watts. Thats bad news for a motherboard that is not designed to take that kind of punishment. And yours is not.