Sign in with
Your question
Solved

[Homebuilt] Don't know how to connect case cables!

Last response: in Systems
December 31, 2011 1:28:34 AM

Hello I'm trying to connect my case panel cables to my motherboard. I do not know which cables are positive, negative or neutral. My case is an Asus Vento A8 and has no manual. Motherboard is Asus P5QL. All parts were bought in the UK.

This is an overview of my motherboard and me holding some front panel cables:

Close up of pin connector:

These are the cable schematics:

The only labelled + - cable:

Hard drive indicator LED cable:

Power Switch cable:

Reset Switch cable:

Help much appreciated! The cable colours are really confusing me for which is positive, negative, or ground, especially the reset switch.

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
a c 229 V Motherboard
December 31, 2011 1:45:01 AM

Polarity is meaningless for a switch. LEDs won't work if you insert them wrong. All you have to do is reverse them and they'll work. Negative and ground are the same.
December 31, 2011 1:51:57 AM

GhislainG said:
Polarity is meaningless for a switch. LEDs won't work if you insert them wrong. All you have to do is reverse them and they'll work. Negative and ground are the same.

So I just insert the switches whatever way and they will work fine and trial and error with LEDs?
m
l
Related resources
December 31, 2011 1:53:32 AM

if there's an arrow or triangle on the cap it means positive....if no arrow it means negative.
m
l
a c 122 B Homebuilt system
a c 156 V Motherboard
December 31, 2011 2:03:45 AM

For the two cables with LED's, the white wire usually goes to the "-" terminal. And switches really are nonpolarized.
m
l
December 31, 2011 2:06:50 AM

nice fingers
m
l
December 31, 2011 2:27:23 AM

Best answer selected by Dungeonscaper.
m
l
!