Solved

[Homebuilt] Don't know how to connect case cables!

Hello I'm trying to connect my case panel cables to my motherboard. I do not know which cables are positive, negative or neutral. My case is an Asus Vento A8 and has no manual. Motherboard is Asus P5QL. All parts were bought in the UK.

This is an overview of my motherboard and me holding some front panel cables:

Close up of pin connector:

These are the cable schematics:

The only labelled + - cable:

Hard drive indicator LED cable:

Power Switch cable:

Reset Switch cable:

Help much appreciated! The cable colours are really confusing me for which is positive, negative, or ground, especially the reset switch.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about homebuilt connect case cables
  1. Best answer
    Polarity is meaningless for a switch. LEDs won't work if you insert them wrong. All you have to do is reverse them and they'll work. Negative and ground are the same.
  2. GhislainG said:
    Polarity is meaningless for a switch. LEDs won't work if you insert them wrong. All you have to do is reverse them and they'll work. Negative and ground are the same.

So I just insert the switches whatever way and they will work fine and trial and error with LEDs?
  3. if there's an arrow or triangle on the cap it means positive....if no arrow it means negative.
  4. For the two cables with LED's, the white wire usually goes to the "-" terminal. And switches really are nonpolarized.
  5. nice fingers
  6. Best answer selected by Dungeonscaper.
  7. Thanks, got it sorted.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Cases Cable Connection Motherboards Systems