Not all USB 3.0 ports are working

Hi folks. I started having an issue with my usb 3.0 ports recently. I have a ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z mobo and Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 case.

The 2 usb 3.0 ports on the case don't work at all. Also, only 6 of the 8 ports on the back (mobo) work. This hasn't always been the case. This problem only occured a few days ago. I uninstalled and reinstalled the usb 3.0 drivers for the mobo, but still having issues with the same ports. USB is enabled in the bios. Bios is updated. Any ideas?
4 answers Last reply
More about ports working
  1. do you have any trouble devices in device manager?
  2. anonymous1 said:
    do you have any trouble devices in device manager?

No. None at all. I was reading reviews on Newegg and people have had the same complaints. Guess it's time for a RMA :/
  3. r3n4ud said:
    No. None at all. I was reading reviews on Newegg and people have had the same complaints. Guess it's time for a RMA :/

I agree RMA the board.
  4. I had the same problem with that board. Actually my experience going to intel was not easy.

First intel motherboard:
    I got a GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 when I built my intel rig and was using my HD 7950 while I waited for my GTX 670 to get shipped. So it arrives and after powering down and removing the cables I unlocked the PCI-E lock and pull the card out to have the entire PCI-E slot come with it. I have been working with computers for years and have never had a problem like that. It seems that none of the PCI-E slots were really secured to the board. Newegg covered it and gave a refund even though Gigabyte said it was Physical damage and would not be covered by the warranty.

Second intel motherboard:
    So I got the ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z and should have read the reviews before I got it as I had the same exact problems with the USB 3.0 ports. So I had to RMA that board and ended getting a Asus Z77 Sabertooth and so far so good two months into it and no problems with any luck this one will last.

All my years with AMD I have never had any problems with motherboards like I have had with the intel platform. I have been using MSI AMD board for many years and have not had one fail me.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Cases USB3 Motherboards