Sign in with
Your question

Not all USB 3.0 ports are working

Last response: in Motherboards
February 17, 2013 7:19:31 PM

Hi folks. I started having an issue with my usb 3.0 ports recently. I have a ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z mobo and Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 case.

The 2 usb 3.0 ports on the case don't work at all. Also, only 6 of the 8 ports on the back (mobo) work. This hasn't always been the case. This problem only occured a few days ago. I uninstalled and reinstalled the usb 3.0 drivers for the mobo, but still having issues with the same ports. USB is enabled in the bios. Bios is updated. Any ideas?

More about : usb ports working

a b V Motherboard
February 17, 2013 7:40:04 PM

do you have any trouble devices in device manager?
February 17, 2013 7:47:07 PM

anonymous1 said:
do you have any trouble devices in device manager?

No. None at all. I was reading reviews on Newegg and people have had the same complaints. Guess it's time for a RMA :/ 
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
February 17, 2013 9:39:11 PM

r3n4ud said:
No. None at all. I was reading reviews on Newegg and people have had the same complaints. Guess it's time for a RMA :/ 

I agree RMA the board.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
February 25, 2013 6:52:34 PM

I had the same problem with that board. Actually my experience going to intel was not easy.

First intel motherboard:
I got a GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 when I built my intel rig and was using my HD 7950 while I waited for my GTX 670 to get shipped. So it arrives and after powering down and removing the cables I unlocked the PCI-E lock and pull the card out to have the entire PCI-E slot come with it. I have been working with computers for years and have never had a problem like that. It seems that none of the PCI-E slots were really secured to the board. Newegg covered it and gave a refund even though Gigabyte said it was Physical damage and would not be covered by the warranty.

Second intel motherboard:
So I got the ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z and should have read the reviews before I got it as I had the same exact problems with the USB 3.0 ports. So I had to RMA that board and ended getting a Asus Z77 Sabertooth and so far so good two months into it and no problems with any luck this one will last.

All my years with AMD I have never had any problems with motherboards like I have had with the intel platform. I have been using MSI AMD board for many years and have not had one fail me.
!