Dell E521 Memory Slots 2 & 4

mamann

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
No matter what I do I cannot get the bios to recognize any memory in Slots 2 & 4. Slots 1 & 3 work fine, but that is then single channel. Is this a motherboard problem, or is there something I can do to fix this problem. I have already reset and reloaded the bios. I am at Bios version 1.1.11 which seems like the last one Dell put out for this computer.
Thank you.

mamann

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013

I have already tried that, and no luck. My guess it that there is something wrong with the motherboard. I have searched the web and dell but have not found another instance of this problem with an E521.
Thank you.

rob79

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
Hey mamann, did you ever figure this out? My dimension started doing the exact same thing today. Slots 1 + 3 are totally fine, 2 + 4 give me a diagnostic error (doesn't even post, lights 3 and 4 come on, long beep followed by two shorter beeps). All the RAM is good (been using it for ages, tested each stick in slots 1 and 3 and they work fine. Was it mobo failure?

I know this is a super old thread but it's the only time I've seen this problem mentioned anywhere.

TRENDING THREADS