Graphics card no display no beeps with power cable i get beeps

jsequence

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
Hello,
Tricky one here. I have plugged in HD5850 into PCIe with 6 Pin power cables attached. I get no beeps no screen. Monitor stays on amber!If I disconnect both 6 pin power connectors I get a beep from the motherboard upon switching on but no display. Any ideas or are they fried??? Thanks people

jsequence

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
Yeah i've got a Radeon X1900XT in at the moment which was my old card. I knew the 5850 was faulty when I bought it, thought the Oven Trick might solve it but no joy! Just a bit disheartened that it doesn't display. Any ideas? Thanks for the correspondence by the way

jsequence

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
But why without the 6 pin power connectors do I get a beep from the motherboard as if its going into post??
Thats what I dont get

jsequence

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
Thanks guys, After baking it again......... now i'm getting the fan on full speed with both PCIe 6 pins in place. Noticed oxidisation around the internal connecting pins from the PCIe Power pins just at the connection to the Board. Could this be the problem?

jsequence

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
Motherboard is now giving me 2 beeps followed by 8 telling me that its a graphics card problem. Well I never!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways im thinking about reballing anyone willing to give me a second opinion?