dialing from pc using bluetooth

Last response: in Technologies
Share
June 25, 2004 12:23:55 AM

Hi everybody

I have xp pro
wireless bluetooth modem
and Sony Ericsson t610 mobile phone.

I have no problems conneting these 2 devices with each other BUT what
I want is:

- to make dial a phone number by using the pc (while the pc is
connected to the mobile with bluetooth) , so I can establish a
connection, using the headphone and the mic of the pc to "talk to that
number.

ANyone can help me plz?

thx :)

More about : dialing bluetooth

Anonymous
June 25, 2004 8:26:40 PM

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 20:23:55 -0700, Nicky wrote:

> Hi everybody
>
> I have xp pro
> wireless bluetooth modem
> and Sony Ericsson t610 mobile phone.
>
> I have no problems conneting these 2 devices with each other BUT what
> I want is:
>
> - to make dial a phone number by using the pc (while the pc is
> connected to the mobile with bluetooth) , so I can establish a
> connection, using the headphone and the mic of the pc to "talk to that
> number.

I know you can make the PC work as a BT headset 'voice gateway' very
easily, I've even managed to do this accidently once. I had an incoming
call on my mobile, the caller's voice came booming out the speakers,
Which would have been OK, except for the fact I don't have a microphone.

However 'to make dial a phone number by using the pc' would be the hard
part, as AFAIK the 'BT headset' profile does NOT support remote dialing.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 8:30:42 PM

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 16:26:40 +0100, michael turner wrote:

> However 'to make dial a phone number by using the pc' would be the hard
> part, as AFAIK the 'BT headset' profile does NOT support remote dialing.

....well it does support voice-tag dialing, provided the phone can do this.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
Related resources
June 26, 2004 12:28:10 AM

Thanks alot for ur respons - preciate it :)
Anonymous
June 26, 2004 9:37:34 AM

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 20:28:10 -0700, Nicky wrote:

> Thanks alot for ur respons - preciate it :)

No problems.

BTW for a PC to dial out voice calls via BT, it would have to support the
'BT Handsfree' profile rather than just the 'BT Headset' profile.

The 'BT Handsfree' profile does support remote dialing, 'BT Headset'
definately does NOT.

I know my PC don't support the 'BT Handsfree' profile. But my SE
HBH-200 BT headset do, which is used to scroll-thru and dial
numbers from the recent call list.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)