dialing from pc using bluetooth

Hi everybody

I have xp pro
wireless bluetooth modem
and Sony Ericsson t610 mobile phone.

I have no problems conneting these 2 devices with each other BUT what
I want is:

- to make dial a phone number by using the pc (while the pc is
connected to the mobile with bluetooth) , so I can establish a
connection, using the headphone and the mic of the pc to "talk to that
number.

ANyone can help me plz?

thx :)
4 answers Last reply
More about dialing bluetooth

    On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 20:23:55 -0700, Nicky wrote:

    > Hi everybody
    >
    > I have xp pro
    > wireless bluetooth modem
    > and Sony Ericsson t610 mobile phone.
    >
    > I have no problems conneting these 2 devices with each other BUT what
    > I want is:
    >
    > - to make dial a phone number by using the pc (while the pc is
    > connected to the mobile with bluetooth) , so I can establish a
    > connection, using the headphone and the mic of the pc to "talk to that
    > number.

    I know you can make the PC work as a BT headset 'voice gateway' very
    easily, I've even managed to do this accidently once. I had an incoming
    call on my mobile, the caller's voice came booming out the speakers,
    Which would have been OK, except for the fact I don't have a microphone.

    However 'to make dial a phone number by using the pc' would be the hard
    part, as AFAIK the 'BT headset' profile does NOT support remote dialing.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 16:26:40 +0100, michael turner wrote:

    > However 'to make dial a phone number by using the pc' would be the hard
    > part, as AFAIK the 'BT headset' profile does NOT support remote dialing.

    ....well it does support voice-tag dialing, provided the phone can do this.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg

    Thanks alot for ur respons - preciate it :)

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 20:28:10 -0700, Nicky wrote:

    > Thanks alot for ur respons - preciate it :)

    No problems.

    BTW for a PC to dial out voice calls via BT, it would have to support the
    'BT Handsfree' profile rather than just the 'BT Headset' profile.

    The 'BT Handsfree' profile does support remote dialing, 'BT Headset'
    definately does NOT.

    I know my PC don't support the 'BT Handsfree' profile. But my SE
    HBH-200 BT headset do, which is used to scroll-thru and dial
    numbers from the recent call list.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)