makwy2

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Hello,

I have just purchased a Linksys E3000 Router (newegg link) and want to be sure it works with my existing Vonage telephone system. What settings should I be paying attention to and/or changing.

I cannot afford to lose my telephone connection and I cannot live without wireless, please help me.

I will be glad to add details if you ask for them.

Solution

There should be no issue or special configuration needed on consumer grade network equipment since they do not have advanced features such as packet inspection or CoS that can interfere with the delivery of packets. The router automatically does NAT/PAT so you should be able to just plug and play. Just be sure to setup the security on the router for the wireless.

pooflinger1

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006

There should be no issue or special configuration needed on consumer grade network equipment since they do not have advanced features such as packet inspection or CoS that can interfere with the delivery of packets. The router automatically does NAT/PAT so you should be able to just plug and play. Just be sure to setup the security on the router for the wireless.

Solution