Olympus c5060 color question

Last response: in Digital Camera
May 7, 2005 12:06:16 PM

I'm using an Olympus Camedia C5060 and getting a horrible blue cast to all
my photos. I can generally fix it by opening the photos in Photoshop 5.0 and
removing the rightmost spike in levels, but I would prefer no blue cast.
Anyone know a simple settings solution with my camera, or does it need
service?

Paul Riemerman
May 7, 2005 8:11:45 PM

Paul Riemerman wrote:

> I'm using an Olympus Camedia C5060 and getting a horrible blue cast to all
> my photos. I can generally fix it by opening the photos in Photoshop 5.0
> and removing the rightmost spike in levels, but I would prefer no blue
> cast. Anyone know a simple settings solution with my camera,

Sounds like a White Balance setting issue to me. If your using auto, try
using the presets instead.

--

Stacey
Anonymous

In article <427cb8af$1_2@newspeer2.tds.net>, Paul Riemerman says...
> I'm using an Olympus Camedia C5060 and getting a horrible blue cast to all
> my photos. I can generally fix it by opening the photos in Photoshop 5.0 and
> removing the rightmost spike in levels, but I would prefer no blue cast.
> Anyone know a simple settings solution with my camera, or does it need
> service?

It could be that your monitor isn't well calibrated, so that it shows
all pictures a bit blue.

But it's true that in automatic white balance the 5060 tends to produce
images with a blueish cast, when you shoot outdoors in daytime. The 8080
has a similar problem, so that I shoot all photos in RAW and process
them individually.

Have you tried the different WB settings (daylight, cloud etc.) ? Or
perhaps you could decrease the blue level (there should be a setting for
that in the camera).
--

Alfred Molon