Another Chipset and BIOS question

yesthis

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
First, Intel Chipset drivers. Where can I find them? Is it crucial to download the updated version, or is the default from Win7 good? I was looking through my motherboard's drivers, and I found a download that was named "Intel Chipset Driver." I thought you could only download them from the intel website because it is CPU related, so why would it be on the motherboard manufacturer website? Second, Motherboard BIOS, when I go to the BIOS list for download, there is a huge list. Do I need to install all of them, like in the list for the drivers, or just the first (most recent) one? The list I'm looking at is on the page for the MSI Z77 MPOWER motherboard on the MSI website.

For BIOS updates you only need to update the most recent one.

You should get your updates from your motherboard manufacturer. They are the ones that know what is on that mb.

If you decide to go directly to Intel try here http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Software+Products&ProductLine=Chipset+Software&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+Chipset+Software+Installation+Utility

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
A Z77 board should have a good set of drivers for intel CPU's.

Windows 7 is constantly updated and probably has a good handle on intel CPU's as well.

Don't update your BIOS unless you have a specific problem you are trying to fix. A bad BIOS update can turn your motherboard into a paperweight.