The Best CPU?

CapperDom

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
I'm looking for a CPU that will be good for video rendering, some 3D rending and gaming.

Intel Core I7 2600K Vs AMD Phenom X6 1100T

Give me other suggestions for Cpus!

Solution
It's hard to advise without knowing more about the issue. Is yours a hypothetical question, eg. for an essay, or an intended system? If the latter then do you have a budget? Do you know what apps you're going to use? Will they make good use of threads or do they need a beefy GPU? Etc, etc.

I'd recommend a i7-3930 if a high thread count helps, and if the need and budget make it worthwhile, or an Ivy Bridge when they come out. If your requirements favour GPU processing then you can get a lower spec CPU and put the money towards a better graphics card.

devBunny

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
It's hard to advise without knowing more about the issue. Is yours a hypothetical question, eg. for an essay, or an intended system? If the latter then do you have a budget? Do you know what apps you're going to use? Will they make good use of threads or do they need a beefy GPU? Etc, etc.

I'd recommend a i7-3930 if a high thread count helps, and if the need and budget make it worthwhile, or an Ivy Bridge when they come out. If your requirements favour GPU processing then you can get a lower spec CPU and put the money towards a better graphics card.

Solution