Asus rampage iv extreme hard drives dont show up

coreymercurio7

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
Hello,I have the asus rampage IV extreme when i start my computer i have only 2 hard drives that show up my ssd which is what i run my os off of and my other 1 tb i have 4 hard drives total and a cd/dvd drive connected to the sata ports so 2 hard drives and 1 cd/dvd drive doesnt show up . now heres the wierd part if i turn my computer on and go in to bios and do nothing but exit and discard changes and let it turn on the hard drives and disk drives show up this is the wierdest thing any one know the problem?

SPEED94

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

I could'nt get what exactly you mean to say.You have 4 HDDs and 1 Disk drive out of which only 2 HDDS are detected.Right ? Well go in the BIOS and see whether at least all the 5 drives are detected or not.If yes , configure the Boot section(priority) properly. If no , then check the connections are proper or not. If the problem gets solved and then commences again after some days/hours take out the CMOS battery short the terminals.

BTW make sure that you plug all the HDDs in the ports having the same reading speed. Your board for e.g has 4 3 Gbps ports 2 6 Gbps ports. So connect all your HDDs to the 3 gbps port (black). I know the system auto-configures the HDD reading but this may create a problem later on.

Aug 26, 2013
my rampage4extreme also has the same problem, some drive didnt show up at all.
what i did was move around the sata connections around, turns out two ports died for yet unknown reasons.
both of them were intel-controlled sata ports

shmcphrsn

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009

Please include more detail about drives and which ports they are connected to and if they are running Raid or ACHI also which bios you are using?