I need some help with audio issue badly!

BizzzIMO

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
If anyone could pleasssssse help me this is a super annoying problem. Ive searched the web for 6 hours trying to find a solution..
I removed every sound related driver/program from my pc to fix a sound error. I deleted everything out of program/features uninstall that had to do with audio.. I removed one called Audio(32) or audio Audio control panel.. cant remember the name. I have done every step ive found in 30+ threads. that include all of these and more.

I really dont want to have to reformat, any help would be super appreciated.
"note" all hardware is working fine. tested in other pc.

EVGA 750i FTW Windows 7 x64 ultimate SB Live 24bit!
~ Cannot Restore - there was no restore point made before the problem came
~ Reinstalled Driver - Manually downloaded driver from evga site. And also tried, uninstall then let windows automatically find and install driver.
~ Tried : Disable -> Enable Driver
~ Checked Driver Update
~ Checked Bios - all audio related options enabled
~ Checked Windows update
~ Speaker has been enabled, but i cannot Configure, Test, or Disable speakers and the levels tab is empty
~ Troubleshoot says "Audio Device has been disabled" and No Audio Output Device installed "even when all audio codecs and packages are installed and say working properly under device manager.
~ Tried Microsoft FixIt to no avail
~Both my SB live 24bit! and Realtek HD audio show up and running in audio manager say ready but cannot be configured

Nothing is working!! I need a real pro here!

you said drivers from evga website........ for what card ? are you or do you want to use the on board sound ? is the on board sound enabled in the BIOS ? the nvidia drivers now have sound drivers. if you just let them install the sound driver will install with it sometimes causing driver conflicts. uninstall the nvidia drivers and reboot..... ( first disable windows auto update .. start doing it once a week on your own (tuesdays ) ). then do a custom install and only install the graphics driver and the physx driver. nothing else.

i go to nvidia for drivers not evga..

COLGeek

Cybernaut
In Control Panel/Sound, what is your default output device? Also, since you are using a stand alone sound card, you should go into your BIOS and disable the on-board (on the motherboard) sound device. You may have a conflict with the 2 devices and your system resources.

adn23

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011

dear,

first of all try to find the required audio drivers for your system,
try this,

start menu>accessories>system tools>system information
in this menu look for the SYSTEM MANUFACTURER and SYSTEM MODEL, that is your motherboard model and after getting all these info go to google and to search the SYSTEM Manufacturer's website, in this website look for the drivers by matching your motherboard model.