Ram Upgraded, now I have an issue about the reading and usage....

RepoDraghon

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2012
I had an old computer with 2 upgraded 2GB Ram cards, I added them to my new computer which already had 2 2GB Ram Cards but could be expanded with 2 more, so I did it, HOWEVER, I read the specs of the computer that the Vista 32bit will only read and use 4 total GB of Ram and the 64bit will read and use up to 8GB.

Is there a way to trick Vista 32 into reading and using the full 8GB of Ram it has installed?

Solution
It's free for drive sizes up to 4GB! check the free ware option under purchase.

I was kinda brief earlier, the deal here is this software will make your computer think that the X GB of ram is actually a drive, an extremely fast drive.

A few points,

what's being used as RAM drive WON"T be available to the system as normal ram (best to only use the amount of ram that your system can't see, in your case 4GB)

Anything saved to the RAM disk will be lost when the power is out unless you use the back up function, note for large disk sizes this will slow down start up/ shut down speed.

Recomended uses for this are temporary internet files and scratch spaces for the likes of photoshop. Some recommend setting the page file here, some don't...

toarranre

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
It's free for drive sizes up to 4GB! check the free ware option under purchase.

I was kinda brief earlier, the deal here is this software will make your computer think that the X GB of ram is actually a drive, an extremely fast drive.

A few points,

what's being used as RAM drive WON"T be available to the system as normal ram (best to only use the amount of ram that your system can't see, in your case 4GB)

Anything saved to the RAM disk will be lost when the power is out unless you use the back up function, note for large disk sizes this will slow down start up/ shut down speed.

Recomended uses for this are temporary internet files and scratch spaces for the likes of photoshop. Some recommend setting the page file here, some don't. Although the paging file is generally used when RAM is limited, theoretically forcing what the computer thinks it doesn't have enough RAM for into RAM, the page file has other uses that may cause problems when using it like this.

Good luck!

Solution