How is this build

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
processor..amd phenom ii 955be(will be overclocked to 3.6ghz using stock cooler)
motherboard..Gigabyte MA880GM-USB3L
ram..corsair value select 2x4gb 1333mhz
psu..Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 350W Power Supply(this psu is chosen because heavily caught on budget)
gpu..asus 6770 1gb ddr5
dvd writer ..lg dvd writer
hdd..wd black caviar 500gb
cabinet..cheap one with better cooling
my doubt is whether phenom will last for 4 years for gaming at 1600x900p with medium details ..because i5 2400 was actually chosen, due to a better gfx card the processor changed into phenom ii)

Nix on the PSU. That's the one place you really can't skimp. This one, $30 after rebate ($40 before): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026&Tpk=corsair%20430
This is a pretty well-balanced build at its price point. That CPU'll be good up to about the 6870 level before bottlenecking in GPU-limited (most) games.
Trawl Newegg for the case. Pick something that looks good and has at least two fans and check it here.

i heard that amd's stock coolers with b.e. cpus let users oc the cpu but they get really loud on load, hot too... an aftermarket cooler like cooler master hyper 212 plus might be better.
cooler master's low end psus don't have good rep. at that wattage range, you might find a better one with corsair or antec. even on budget, don't skimp on the very thing that supplies power to your pc.
case.. xigmatek asgard ii (from this month's sbm $600 gaming build).
phenom ii + 6770 would be a good combination for low res gaming. but don't expect 4 more years from an already-3-yrs-old eol'ed cpu.

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

so what type of cpu and gpu u are telling me to buy in this budget range that would lasts for 4 years

you can make a card last longer by playing at lower settings. even that might not be enough if the game demands too much hardware.
depending on your gaming resolution, psu specs, case, budget - a 6770 or 6850 should work.