Sign in with
Your question

Boot up problems

Last response: in Systems
December 31, 2011 2:13:07 PM

my windows 7 won't load up any suggestions

More about : boot problems

January 7, 2012 11:23:41 AM

I have a E-machine laptop it about 2years old. I was on the internet and it went to a blank screen when I tried to reboot it, it would only go as far as the screen that says starting windows. I tried to restore it but that didn't work. So I purchased a recovery disc from E-Machine but the didn't work either. I would appreciate any suggestion you might have.
Related resources
January 7, 2012 12:03:13 PM

kajabla said:
We need as much information as you can give us. Describe exactly what happens and provide your full specs.
Is this a homebuilt PC?
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...

I have a E-machine laptop it about 2years old. I was on the internet and it went to a blank screen when I tried to reboot it, it would only go as far as the screen that says starting windows. I tried to restore it but that didn't work. So I purchased a recovery disc from E-Machine but the didn't work either. I would appreciate any suggestion you might have.

January 7, 2012 1:40:51 PM

Do you have data on there that you need to preserve? Would you be hostile to wiping it completely and reinstalling Windows?
January 7, 2012 7:56:01 PM

kajabla said:
Do you have data on there that you need to preserve? Would you be hostile to wiping it completely and reinstalling Windows?

I would reinstall windows 7 but I don't have a disc to do it.
January 7, 2012 7:57:23 PM

Ew. No disc came with it?
January 8, 2012 11:38:58 AM

kajabla said:
Ew. No disc came with it?

no
January 8, 2012 1:45:15 PM

I think you should first deal with E-Machine. Complain that the recovery disk didn't work; maybe they'll just replace the machine. After that, you may just have to purchase Windows.
You could try to install Ubuntu off a USB drive. That would allow you to determine whether you have a hardware problem. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromUSBS...
!