PCIe slot in a laptop?

wn31

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
I want to get a ViDock for my laptop. The thing is my laptop does not have a PCIe slot to connect it to. Is there any way that I can put one into my computer?

Please Help

Also, what ViDock should I get for playing games like battlefield 3?

(I have a toshiba sattelite L745 S4235. It can play dead space 2 on high quality but thats the best one i own, i dont know how much it can really run)

wn31

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
ok im pretty sure i dont have an expressCard slot either, so what would i do then?
(I already knew about the ViDock just being a dock, but i think there are sizes)

He stated the model in the OP.

If you can get to your mpcie slot then that is your only option. Mpcie is where your wireless card is plugged into so you will lose your wireless. You will need the pe4h-pm3n + a psu + a graphics card. This will be a diy setup, but a vidock is the same parts with a case. The different sizes of vidocks come with different wattage power bricks. But since it only comes in expresscard, you can forget about it.

It's a lot easier and cheaper if you just get a laptop(or desktop) with a good graphics card but I'm assuming it's too late to return your laptop.

http://www.hwtools.net/adapter/pe4h.html

Do note that you will only get 25-50% of the actual gpu performance because you will be running at x1. And you will need an external monitor.