Closed Solved

Strange Melting effect when loading certain programs

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction with this problem I am having.

I have a crossfire (5870s) and am using 2 monitors.

However when I load specific programs and applications I get a very strange melting effect and not sure why this is happening. I have tried disabling crossfire and other various settings but nothing helps.

Some of the program that get this problem are

DOSBox
Mozilla Firefox
and a couple of others I cant remember right now.

I have included a couple of screenshots.

Please let me know if anyone has any idea about this.

Thanks

Images Link:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/117720663987215757535/albums/5670562365814256225

Currently the 2nd monitor is the primary monitor and the information on this screen is:

1680x105 60 hertz 32bit
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about strange melting effect loading programs
  1. Best answer
    Do you have morphological AA turned on? I'd had a similar problem in the past with such a thing and it was because I had morphological AA turned on.
  2. Check your resolution and font settings. Make sure you're using a Truetype font.
  3. resolved! the morphological AA had to be tuend off and now the issue has gone away!

thanks a lot!

Just wondering how did you figure it out?
  4. I figured it out when playing games with morphological AA turned on, it made any text in-game all weird and wavy, then saw the same thing in my Firefox browser, and figured that was the problem.
  5. That's good to know. I'll file that one away safely...
  6. Nice info this! Thanks!
  7. Best answer selected by pred8er.
  8. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors Crossfire Graphics